Smoky Lake County is seeking 2* self-motivated individuals for the seasonal position of Weed Inspector/ Pesticide Applicator* for approximately four months, starting May 1, 2019. The successful candidate must be willing to work flexible hours and preference will be given to individuals with a pesticide applicator license or the ability to obtain one, prior experience in agriculture, pesticides, spray operations and weed and plant identification. Smoky Lake County does provide all applicable training.
- Roadside and spot spraying of weeds;
- Weed inspection on private land;
- Working with producers to control noxious weeds;
- Insect and disease surveys;
- General maintenance and equipment upkeep.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Valid Alberta driver’s license;
- Pesticide Applicators License or
- Authorized Assistant Pesticide License;
- Weed species identification;
- Modern agricultural production practices; and
- Any applicable experience and training.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resumes in strict confidence by noon March 31st, 2019 to:
Box 310 Smoky Lake, Alberta, T0A 3C0
Fax: (780) 656-3768
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $21.00 to $25.00 /hour
- College: 1 year (Preferred)