Job Posting E2018-18
As the Lead Agency for Children’s Mental Health and Autism Services, Maltby Centre provides a broad range of supports and services to improve the wellbeing of children, youth and families in South Eastern Ontario. Our model is based in collaborative leadership both within our organization and in our community. We invest in our staff and support excellence in their provision of services.
Child and Youth Mental Health is an exciting, challenging and rewarding field, particularly at this time of system transformation. We are looking for a candidate who is driven by a strong desire to create possibilities for change in young lives, and enjoys working in an engaging and collaborative way.
We are seeking a Community Counsellor candidate who is passionate about providing high quality child and youth mental health services. This position is based in Napanee. The Mental Health Counsellor provides assessment and case management services to children, youth and their families to address mental health problems that are impacting on their functioning at home, in school and/or in the community. Within their scope of practice, the incumbent also provides supports and interventions utilizing evidence-informed therapeutic approaches and clinical practices. In addition, this position provides individual and program consultation to community programs serving children and youth. In addition, provides intervention and trauma treatment services to children and their families, as well as clinical expertise around mental health issues for children under six years.
- Provide clinical mental health services (assessment, intervention and case management) to children and their families;
- Provide individual and group counselling and program consultation to community programs, with emphasis on services for children from birth to age six and their families, and trauma treatment services;
- Provide mental health treatment, prevention and early intervention services;
- Provide community development and education regarding children’s mental health issues;
- Provide clinical expertise around mental health issues for children under six years.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Social Work or other related undergraduate program (e.g. Psychology), preferred or Child and Youth Care Diploma or Diploma in a related field with additional formal training in family and individual counseling. Formal training in family and individual counseling with children and youth, utilizing a variety of therapeutic approaches and clinical practices;
- At least three years full-time work experience or equivalent in a combination of child, youth, family and group counselling;
- Current unrestricted registration with a regulatory college to perform psychotherapy is required. Candidate must be registered by: the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario; or the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers; or the College of Psychologists of Ontario by December 31, 2019. If not a member of a regulatory college as above, submit current proof of eligibility for membership as part of your application;
- Preference will be given to those candidates who are bilingual;
- Valid Province of Ontario driver’s license as well as automobile insurance with a minimum liability of one million dollars for business purposes;
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Screening) and Pre-Employment health assessment.
We request that all applicants submit their cover letter and résumé quoting Job Posting number E2018-18, clearly indicating how you meet the qualifications by email.
Maltby Centre values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, and are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the hiring committee member of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
All applicants are appreciated for their interest and effort in applying; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Learn more about us at: www.maltbycentre.ca
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $32.14 /hour
- counseling: 3 years (Required)
- Registered Psychotherapist (Required)