Job Number: 2019-10-31LW
If you’re looking for a great job, you’re in the right place. Your story begins here. You’ll see the importance we place on you, the candidate, and what we can do to help you reach your goals. By understanding what drives you, our team has the best chance of finding you a job you’ll enjoy. We understand that finding a career can be overwhelming at times, so we’ve provided plenty of resources to get you started.
The job may include; but is not limited to the following:
- Assist walk in customers with picking orders and materials loading.
- Prepare receiving dock to accept incoming product.
- Operate a Forklift in a safe manner to move received product, and prepare product for shipping.
- Match incoming and outgoing product with purchase orders.
- Verify product expiration codes.
- Inspect product to ensure saleable condition with acceptable code dating.
- May be required to assist with scheduling freight appointments.
- Lift cases of product and/or stock merchandise according to documented procedures.
- Process all required paperwork and maintain adequate records for reporting and tracking.
- Track shipments and verify receipts of shipments as required.
- Manage inventory of shipping materials and supplies and sort and distribute incoming shipments.
- Perform quality audits of the condition of shipped goods for both incoming and outgoing items prior to signing off.
- Report discrepancies to immediate supervisor.
- Ensure that shipments contain proper documentation and if there are multiple items per shipment, ensure item lists are complete.
- Problem solve for any cases of missing documents, shipments and deliveries.
- Maintain organized warehouse, shipping and receiving area, and yard according to policies, procedures and safety regulations.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2+ years experience operating forklift.
- Working experience in Shipping and Receiving role is an asset.
- Ability to perform repetitive heavy lifting.
- Able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Knowledge of filling out waybills and bills of landing and international shipments an asset.
- Ability to weigh and measure items.
- Working knowledge of safe lifting methods.
- Demonstrated ability to operate material handling equipment including forklift truck.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Computer literacy
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
If you have experience and are familiar with these duties, please contact us for more information and a potentially scheduled interview.
Thank you for your interest in Diversified Staffing Services (DSS), but only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary