Bronte College is a private International Baccalaureate (IB) World School that offers day and boarding programs for Grades 9 to 12. Located in Mississauga, Bronte fosters a diverse international environment for our staff and boasts a fun and academic-driven atmosphere in a business casual workplace. At Bronte, we are committed to academic excellence and individual growth amongst our students and employees.
Bronte College is growing! At Bronte College you will thrive in a culture and environment that embraces inclusion, flexibility and advancement opportunities. Our mandate is to have every employee share and be involved in the mission and growth of the company.
As a Residence Don you will:
- Assist with maintaining a safe, clean and caring environment for all students living in residence.
- Be regularly visible and available for assigned residence/house.
- Assist with organizing, leading and attending residence activities and trips and events.
- Ensure that the residence is secure and the students are abiding by the Bronte College Code of behaviour at all times.
- To coordinate the delivery of all residence services to students to accomplish departmental goals.
- Respond to the needs of students and promote a positive and friendly atmosphere in the residence.
- Available and on call 24/7 when assigned.
- Organize and chair weekly floor meetings.
- A member of residence committees.
- Maintain informal contact with students about academic progress, personal concerns and make appropriate referrals.
- Bring or ensure an adult is with students at health clinics and hospitals when needed.
- Liaise with school nurse regarding student injuries or illnesses.
- Liaise with maintenance and cleaning staff with student concerns, residence conditions and room preparedness.
- Liaise with parents when required.
- Assign rooms and maintain a current Room Allocation List of room allocations.
- Ensure that weekly room inspections have been carried out.
- Assist with home stay resources when required.
- Schedule resources and perform airport pick-ups and drop-offs.
- Trained in the fitness centre equipment usage and safety.
- Front desk duties when sitting at the front desk.
- Airport pickups and drop offs
- To complete any additional duties assigned by Senior Management.
- Hours of work: 37.5 (Full-Time); Normal working hours are evening and weekends.
- Frequent irregular hours.
- Overnight retreats are a requisite of the position.
- Available and on-call 24/7 for emergencies when assigned.
- Ability to lift or move heavy equipment or objects of 20lbs.
- It is optional to live in or live out but please specify in your job application
You will possess the following requirements
- University Degree or College diploma or equivalent working experience.
- Degree in social work is considered an asset.
- Valid G driver’s license.
- Certified first aid trained.
- Experience using a computer and computer applications required.
- Experience with adolescents in a residential setting.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Certified first aid training.
- Other languages are an asset
- Enjoys working in a diverse multi-cultural environment
- Submit resume through Indeed.
- We thank all applicants for applying and will only contact those selected for an interview.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and Bronte College's Accessibility Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Job Type: Full-time