Rupertsland Institute, an affiliate of the Métis Nation of Alberta, is seeking an Assistant Manager for our Edmonton office. With locations across Alberta, Rupertsland Institute develops and delivers programming and services to the Alberta Métis population in relation to the labour market and education assistance.
The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the Manager with the coordination and management of Métis Employment Services within an assigned geographical area, initial orientation and on-going support and mentorship of MTE staff, and reviewing quality assurance of client and financial databases. In conjunction with the Manager – MTS, the Assistant Manager has joint accountability for meeting strategic goals, objectives, and targets derived from the RLI business and Annual Operational Plan. Additional duties include quality assurance on client assessments and applications for program funding, and assisting in the development and recruitment of MTE training projects within a specified geographical area.
To Fit the Role:
- Post-secondary training in Management, Business Administration, Human Services, Social Sciences, or 5+ years of equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years employment counselling experience.
- Experience supervising and mentoring staff.
- Extensive knowledge of Alberta labour market supply and demand, trends and economic outlook
- Knowledgeable of basic counselling techniques and tools
- Ability to mentor, coach and motivate a high performing team
- Familiarity of budgetary controls, basic accounting practices, and data analysis
- Strong computer skills and experience using internal databases
- Experience preparing contract agreements, program evaluations and reports
- Planning, coordinating, time management and organizational skills
- Travel as required
Rupertsland Institute offers competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a generous pension plan.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Kathleen via e-mail or fax 780.801.9992 and start your exciting new career today!
Please quote Job ID AM-ED.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Training: 3 years (Preferred)