The SQF Practitioner is directly responsible for the implementation and execution of food safety and quality assurance functions, as assigned by the Quality Manager.
The SQF Practitioner must be able to interact across departmental boundaries in a professional, pro-active manner, avoiding conflicts and exemplifying a collaborative spirit.
- Lead the development and implementation of the SQF program for food safety.
- Maintain the SQF program, including managing change control for all documents.
- Write and edit policies, SOPs, and SSOPs.
- Review all SQF records and inform supervisors and management of problems.
- Train others on HACCP principles and SQF requirements.
- Interact with all management, supervisors, and staff in a positive and effective manner.
- Conduct failure analysis and implement corrective actions.
- Manage third party audits.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work well independently and with other departments.
- Proficient in document control and review of HACCP records.
- High standards in food safety, workplace safety, and sanitation.
- Experience developing and delivering training programs preferred.
- SQF or BRC Practitioner preferred.
- PCQI training preferred.
- Health and safety experience helpful.
- Manufacturing experience: 2 years
- High school or equivalent
Job functions of the Health & Safety Coordinator will be discussed upon inquiry.
Job Type: Full-time