The incumbent in this position has primary responsibility for planning and directing the maintenance activities associated with the production of coil lines, stabilizer and torsion bar lines. Prime concerns are customer satisfaction, establishing manpower requirements, promoting a team atmosphere, doing repairs in a timely manner, maintaining a clean and safe work environment and communication among all departments.
· Responsible for supervision of all maintenance employees and contractors.
· Responsible for maintaining all production lines and Company properties.
· Responsible for monitoring production downtime and maintain a machine efficiency as set by Company standards on all lines.
· Direct and implement schedules and adjust manpower to accommodate maintenance schedule.
· Responsible for completing and scheduling Preventive Maintenance work orders.
· Responsible for completing all Health and Safety work orders in a timely fashion.
· Responsible for managing the performance of maintenance employees within each department through observation, documentation, counseling, training and implementation of corrective action (i.e. disciplinary etc.) where necessary.
· Interact with Maintenance Manager and Human Resources to communicate manpower needs along with necessary timing.
· Responsible for completion of training of all employees in areas of new machine equipment and technology.
· Responsible for ensuring that employee performance evaluations are fair and timely, and that all documentation are in order and submitted to Human Resources for processing and record keeping.
· Make sound management decisions when situations dictate by utilizing all resources available.
· Ensure that policies and procedures are consistently applied and understood relating to the Company and Standards of Business Conduct through training, counseling, motivation and by example.
· Responsible for monitoring cost associated with scrap and implementing continuous improvements to reduce scrap.
· Schedules team meetings, one-on-one’s and team training activity.
· Ensures that safety and housekeeping standards are kept and continually improves upon.
· Responsible for reporting and investigating all employee work related accidents to Human Resources using established procedure and documentation.
· Report and update maintenance reports, time reports, schedules, efficiency charts, training matrix and team meeting minutes.
· Responsible for the implementation and compliance of IATF 16949:2016 and ISO14000 procedures and policies.
+ 5 years’ experience in the Automotive Industry in a Maintenance Supervisors capacity
+ Exhibited leadership qualities.
+ Strong oral and written communication skills.
+ Experience in a Union Shop environment.
+ Knowledge of Maximo preventive Maintenance program.
+ Commitment to pursue and participate in continuous learning (i.e. supervisory training etc.)
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Secondary School (required)
- Industrial maintenance: 5 years (required)