Mr. Lube has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, organized, fun and professional Controller at our dog-friendly office located in Richmond, BC.
This position will report to the Vice President of Finance but will also work alongside other members of the organization in a dynamic, fast paced environment. This opening is expected to last 15 months to support our amazing finance team as our current Controller is on maternity leave.
Founded in 1976, Mr. Lube is the national leader in automotive maintenance services, delivering trusted convenience at 185 stores from coast to coast. We are the most recognized brand in the industry and place high importance on the principle that it is people who enable a business to succeed. Mr. Lube has been recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies since 2012.
- Oversee the full cycle accounting of all operating entities, including the preparation of month end financial statements and associated management reporting.
- Facilitate the preparation of fully compliant external financial statements within IFRS standards and relevant accounting pronouncements.
- Respond to external auditor requests as required for quarterly audit and review engagements.
- Partner with direct reports to establish performance goals and objectives in alignment with corporate objectives.
- Maintain appropriate internal controls and practices to safeguard company assets.
- Manage the preparation of tax filings for external tax advisors.
- Identify and communicate process improvement opportunities to achieve reporting and operational improvements.
- Prepare financial reports and analysis for other departments within the organization.
- Complete ad hoc requests from management.
Education and Qualifications:
- CPA designation
- Experience working in a Controller capacity
- Demonstrated knowledge of IFRS and NPO accounting standards
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong people skills with the ability to effectively manage a cross functional group
- High degree of attention to detail and excellent follow-up skills
- Resourceful and independent, with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of and experience with SAGE would be considered an asset
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task
- An outgoing and professional work ethic
The successful candidate must be a natural leader who is comfortable supervising a team and acting as a business partner with franchisees, suppliers, and internal departments.
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- supervisory: 3 years (Preferred)
- Controller: 5 years (Preferred)