TORONTO GRACE HEALTH CENTRE -SPECIALIZED CARE CENTRE, ETOBICOKE
IT IS AN EXCITING TIME TO JOIN OUR SATELLITE SITE!
The Salvation Army Toronto Grace Health Centre has immediate opening for a full time Occupational Therapist 9 month contract in our Specialized Care Centre, North Etobicoke. Come and join our interdisciplinary teams and make a difference. This is a unique health care facility and the only one of its kind in Canada. We offer a fantastic working experience and competitive compensation with pension and benefit options.
LOCATION: 650 Dixon Road, Etobicoke (Specialized Care Centre) -Dixon Rd and Hwy 427, and we offer free parking!
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST – TEMPORARY FULL TIME – 9 MONTH CONTRACT
POSTING DATE: April 27, 2021 CLOSING DATE: Until filled
The Occupational Therapist is responsible for the provision of holistic client centered care in accordance with the standards of practice of the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario. The Occupational Therapist creates a therapy program individualized to each patient based on the patients’ abilities, limitations and goals. The aim of the service is to assist the patient to achieve the optimum level of cognitive and physical functioning in order to improve quality of life. The Occupational Therapist demonstrates in-depth knowledge and skills in specific areas of clinical practice and demonstrates evidence based clinical judgement, critical thinking and clinical reasoning. Within the vision, mission and values of the Toronto Grace Health Centre, she/he assumes a leadership role in developing partnerships with patients, families and health care professionals to ensure optimal care delivery.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for the provision of patient care utilizing current Occupational Therapy theory, best practices and the principles of patient centered care, in accordance with the standards of practice, regulations and ethics of the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario.
- Identifies, supports, and respects patient and family concerns, needs, wishes and goals.
- Consults with the patient and family to prescribe the patient a mobility device, introduce an alternative way to participate in activities and/or modify the patient’s environment to support their needs and ensure their safety
- Evaluates the individualized care plan through discussion with the patient and/or family
- Maintains accurate and current clinical records in accordance with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario and Toronto Grace Hospital guidelines.
- Supervision for students and volunteers in accordance with the Standards of the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario and colleges and universities
- Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of services/ programs ensuring that services/ programs are evidence based and integrated in a coordinated manner.
- Applies critical thinking, knowledge of evidence-based practice, and leadership skills to enhance problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all members of the health-care team including patients and families
- Demonstrated resilience to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Acts as resource and advocate for patients and families and colleagues.
- Provides cross unit/program coverage as appropriate.
- Upholds the policies and procedures of the Toronto Grace Health Centre.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science degree in Occupational Therapy from a recognized University
- Registration in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario.
- Membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists or Ontario Society of Occupational Therapists an asset.
- 3 years of experience in the field.
- Advanced clinical education an asset.
- Current Basic Cardiopulmonary Life Saving course preferred.
- Demonstrates initiative and self-direction.
- Highly motivated individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- ADP authorizer preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Commitment to continuous learning, improvement and evidence-based practice
- Excellent attention to detail and efficient time management skills
- Demonstrated computer skills knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Excellent attendance record
- Must have the physical strength, flexibility and endurance required to perform the job, as determined by the physical needs assessment of the position conducted by Occupational Health Services
Reference ID: 04272021 OT-TEMP FT 9 MONTH CONTRACT
Contract length: 9 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place