Do you have a passion for education? Do you enjoy helping students attain their academic goals? Are you looking to work in a dynamic, synergic environment at a fast-growing educational institution?
About KEY Education
KEY Education is a Vancouver-based admissions guidance and learning enrichment company. Our team consists of qualified professionals who are passionate about education, making KEY the trusted source for families seeking top-quality supplementary education services and guidance in applying to their dream schools around the world at all levels, from preschool through to graduate programs.
We are looking for experienced English teachers/tutors who come to us with knowledge and understanding of current pedagogy to develop English proficiency and academic skills in a wide range of students, while following prepared lessons. We believe that a strong foundation through education will set students on the right path to success. We need a like-minded individual to join our team.
- Teach students from any grade ranging from Grade 3 to Grade 7 in subjects ranging from English language development to academic writing
- Follow and deliver prepared lesson plans, assessments and student reports efficiently and effectively
- Collaborate with others within the organisation
- Contribute to the advancement of a dynamic teaching and learning environment through constructive feedback
- Invest in the students’ well-being and safety, physically and emotionally and contribute to student learning and advancement
- Maintain a growth mindset and passion toward student progress and the students' personal and academic development.
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity and agency; holds themselves accountable for learning outcomes and advocates for their students
- Bachelor's degree in English, Literature, Creative Writing, or Education, preferably from a US, Canadian, or UK university, or a comparable qualification.
- An education degree in teaching from an accredited institution or related field of teaching is considered an asset.
- A TESOL certificate or equivalent is an asset.
- Prior teaching and/or tutoring experience is an asset.
- Familiarity with the SSAT is an asset.
- Knowledge of instructional methods appropriate for students at the respective grade level.
- Desire and ability to work with students, at the specified age level with diverse backgrounds and levels of ability, toward accomplishing their educational goals.
- Ability to organise tasks and manage time to meet deadlines
- Manage small groups of students in a classroom environment; and communicate effectively with students, parents, and other staff
- Working familiarity with internet and email systems, and word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet software
- Familiarity with the use of technology in the classroom and remotely, including Zoom and Google Classroom, and able to use online teaching resources
- Legally authorised to work in Canada without sponsorship.
We are building a solid team of dynamic individuals who understand the value and power of education. If you are ready to take the next step into an engaging and fulfilling role, send us your resume, along with a cover letter. We are interested in hearing from you.
Visit us at www.keyadmissions.com
Expected start date: 2020-09-08
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- English Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
Job Types: Part-time, Casual, Freelance
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you legally allowed to work in Canada?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)