Aquafor Beech Limited is a Canadian company, incorporated in 1990, with offices in Mississauga, Guelph, and Kingston. The firm provides multidisciplinary engineering and environmental services to a variety of public and private sector clients. The firm's principal focus is on watershed planning, environmental restoration, stormwater management, fluvial geomorphology, environmental assessment/permitting, water resources engineering and municipal infrastructure design. Typical projects include the following:
- Stream restoration and geomorphic assessments, including the preparation of detailed channel designs.
- Watershed, subwatershed studies, Class Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Assessments.
- Environmental Monitoring (water quality, quantity, stream erosion and groundwater) including development of monitoring plans and protocols.
- Master Plans and retrofit studies for stormwater treatment, including Low Impact Development.
Aquafor Beech Limited uses a multi-disciplinary approach to develop innovative and technically sound solutions to address project requirements. The firm emphasizes individual initiative but promotes strong collaboration between staff members. This unique approach has resulted in Aquafor Beech Limited becoming a leading firm in this field in Eastern Canada.
The firm provides exciting career opportunities by engaging in diverse projects, using interdisciplinary teams to address project requirements and providing ongoing training and professional development. We have a friendly work environment that encourages employees to provide ideas, strive for excellence, and create new opportunities.
Title: Environmental Scientist, Fluvial Specialist – We are looking for a highly motivated individual with excellent analytical, technical and interpersonal skills to join our team. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to a range of elements for project delivery. Key responsibilities include the following:
- Field work, including field surveys, assessment protocols, water and sediment sampling, and installation and maintenance of environmental monitoring equipment;
- Technical analysis of hydrologic, geomorphic, chemical, and ecological data;
- Review, analysis, and synthesis of guidelines, scientific literature, and technical reports;
- Administrative tasks, including preparation of proposals and reports;
- Advance individual knowledge and experience in watershed and stormwater management, channel design/stream restoration, environmental monitoring, and applied geomorphology;
- Assist multi-disciplinary project teams to achieve project goals and deliverables.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- University B.Sc. degree in Environmental or Earth Sciences, or closely related discipline;
- Proficient skills in mainstream computer applications such as MS Office.
- Evidence of experience and competence in environmental data collection, management, and analysis, including field, technical, academic, and computer skills;
- Demonstrated verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Commitment to individual initiative, critical thinking, and problems solving;
- Valid Class G Drivers License and access to a personal vehicle is required.
The following qualifications will be considered valuable assets:
- M.Sc. or other relevant post-graduate degree
- Registration or eligibility for relevant professional accreditation, certification, or designation, including:
- Geoscientist-in-Training (G.I.T.) – APGO
- Engineering-in-Training or Licensed Engineering Technologist (E.I.T. or L.E.T) – PEO
- Engineering Technologist or Technician (C.E.T. or C.Tech.) – OACETT
- Other relevant designations will be considered and candidates should identify their professional career objectives.
- Experience working with relevant computer software applications, including for:
- GIS and remote sensing (ArcGIS, QGIS)
- Hydrological and/or hydraulic modeling (HEC-RAS)
- Survey and Design (AutoCAD)
- Graphics (Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw)
- Knowledge of Federal, Provincial and Municipal environmental regulations and standards.
The successful candidate will be supervised and mentored by a dynamic team of senior Engineering and Geoscientist project managers. This is an excellent career opportunity for a candidate who is looking to build their knowledge of watershed and stormwater management, water resources, river engineering, and geomorphology applied to a variety of public and private sector projects as part of a multi-disciplinary professional team.
Salary Range - $55,000-70,000. The firm offers a competitive compensation plan commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience/career potential and an excellent benefits program.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Duncan McTaggart, MASc., at mctaggart.d< @>>aquaforbeech.com
Note: remove the angle brackets in the email address above.
Application review and interview schedule: May, 2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $55,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Temporarily due to COVID-19