Parlee McLaws LLP is a well-established law firm with over 125 years of experience here in Alberta and we’re looking for a Paralegal to work within our Lit Support team to provide legal and administration support to our large Litigation group. The ideal candidate is highly motivated and a customer service oriented team player.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collect and analyze documentation with the view of determining privilege and relevance and preparing Affidavits of Records
- Document management within an electronic database – importing documents into a database via load files or as evidence, preparing production sets, exporting production sets for exchange with opposing counsel, importing and working with transcripts, and other file management requirements
- Reviewing transcripts and maintaining statuses with respect to undertakings
- Creating and maintaining detailed management of documents as required
- General administrative tasks including office and file management
The ideal candidate possesses the following:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in litigation as a paralegal, preferably insurance defense litigation
- Previous experience with Eclipse is an asset, but candidate must have working experience with other litigation database software (such as iBlaze Summation or Summation Pro) and be able to adapt to new systems and technology
- Strong attention to detail, ability to work independently and to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with the ability to adapt to a variety of working styles
- Understanding of basic accounting principles
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service oriented skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office programs
- Must speak, read and write English fluently
Sound like a good fit? We look forward to hearing from you! Please send your cover letter and resume us. Your application will be confidential.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Litigation: 3 years (Preferred)
- Paralegal: 3 years (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)