Western Forest Products is a leading forest products company that manufactures high-quality wood products and sustainably manages forests. Headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia with operations in the coastal region of B.C. and Washington State, Western meets the needs of customers worldwide with a specialty wood product focus and diverse product offering. Our large investment in manufacturing and progressive approach to safe and sustainable forestry practices ensures the health and prosperity of our business, forests and communities for generations to come.
LIVE WORK PLAY
Living on Vancouver Island North is an opportunity wrapped in a lifestyle. Affordable homes, diverse careers, safe and strong communities, good schools, and endless outdoor activities are present. Vancouver Island North is one of British Columbia’s most abundant and diverse natural resource regions and presents a variety of geological features like deep ocean sounds, coastal inlets, mountains, glacier fields, karsts and caverns, temperate rainforests, rugged coastline, and long wide valleys.
At Western Forest Products, we believe our most significant asset is our people. Investing in our people brings value and success to our business, ensuring a safe, engaged, productive and continuously improving workplace. We offer challenging opportunities working alongside the best in the industry to meet your career and professional development goals while providing competitive total rewards and recognition. From our timberlands to mills to our corporate and regional offices, we offer rewarding opportunities in every facet of our business.
Western Forest Products is seeking fully qualified Heavy Duty Mechanics to join our multiple of our locations.
- Preference will be given to those with experience in west coast logging equipment (Yarders, Log Loaders & Hydraulic Log Loaders)
- Fully ticketed Red Seal HD Mechanics are preferred, would consider 3rd and 4th year apprentices with experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Highly developed machine diagnostic and repair skills are a benefit
- Must be a self starter and be able to work with minimal supervision
- Available to work afternoon shifts; open to flexible hours as work demands dictate
Job Type: Full-time