AV Technician / Installer – Ramcom Communications.
Based in Mississauga, ON Ramcom Communications provides structured cabling, CCTV integration and Audio/Visual multimedia solutions across Canada. We provide solutions for a wide range of industries. Our reputation has been built on customer satisfaction and customer service. Our team is expanding and are looking for motivated and experienced AV Technicians to join our team.
Reporting to the AV manager, the AV Technician/Installer is responsible for installing and servicing audio visual products including video walls, LCD/LED/LPD/Plasma displays, projectors, video conferencing systems, wiring and cabling, rack work and audio.
- Install and service cabling infrastructure and audio / visual devices; including pre-wiring, installation, termination, testing, reporting, and labelling per specifications/drawings.
- Interact with customers and prospects, ensuring all inquiries are handled professionally.
- Strong focus on quality and customer service.
- Ensure that safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.
- Read, interpret and design AV system plans; plan view drawings, reflected ceiling plans, selection drawings, elevation drawings, equipment riser diagrams, system context diagrams, system flowcharts and block diagrams.
- Attend onsite customer installations and liaising directly with the client onsite.
- Test, configure and diagnose built racks prior to field deployment.
- Complete detailed and accurate paperwork.
- Be an active participant in our Health and Safety Program.
- Minimum 5 years of experience troubleshooting and installing AV systems is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work in a variety of environments, from construction sites to finished corporate offices
- Comfortable working at heights. At Heights certification an asset.
- Strong problem-solving skills, comfortable working through novel issues and ability to think abstractly.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean abstract.
- Read and interpret blueprints/diagrams and product manuals assigned to the project.
- Able to lift “Heavy” items up to 50lbs or more with assistance.
- Occasional travel will be required.
- Post-secondary education in electronics, electrical, telecommunications, or equivalent would be an asset.
- Networking knowledge, sound balancing knowledge.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft (MS) Applications.
- CTS, CTS-D, CTS-I, Extron and Crestron certifications are considered a strong asset.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Audio Visual: 5 years (Required)
- Mississauga, ON (Preferred)
- Driver's Licence (Required)