PNI Digital Media is looking for an experienced IT Manager to join us as our Manager, Office Systems. In this role, you'll oversee the IT operations of our fun and dynamic Vancouver office. If you can imagine yourself cozying up with a canine while you work, playing a game of world-class foosball on your lunch-break, and commuting home at the end of the day courtesy of your transit pass subsidy, this may be the role for you. You’ll:
- Manage the entire office environment for multiple locations, including: network connectivity, phone system, software deployment & Cloud migrations (Microsoft Office Environment), hardware, computer networks administration and installation.
- Manage internal office facilities, including but not limited to: security, AV, power, facilities and HVAC.
- Maintain corporate IT policies, including but not limited to: review and implementation of security, account management, network (e.g. firewalls, RSA, Antispam), and audit logs.
- Recruit and manage and mentor a full-time IT Support Team staff of 4, as well as various contractors hired during the year.
- Evaluate, specify, negotiate and procure with suppliers of hardware, software and services.
- Create and maintain business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Participate in the development and management of the annual departmental budget.
- Backfill at the IT help desk when needed.
- 10+ years’ experience in an IT Infrastructure environment, including team management experience.
- Previous experience managing IT projects with multiple vendors, contractors and associated agreements.
- Working knowledge of enterprise storage (SAN, NAS, Cloud), and previous experience migrating office systems to the Cloud.
- Previous experience developing and managing a departmental budget.
- Proficiency evaluating, specifying, negotiating and procurement of hardware, software and services.
- Working knowledge of networking technologies (routing, switches, VLANs, firewalls, VPNs, RSA).
- Proficiency with wireless networking technologies (WPA2, APs, controllers).
- Working knowledge of telephony technologies (IP telephony, call routing trees, PRI, SIP).
- Strong familiarity with TCP/IP networking, including DNS, DHCP and related services (e.g. SMTP).
- Ability to work with other operating systems (e.g. Linux, Mac OS X)
- Able to lift and move equipment up to 49 lbs 16 oz (yep - we weighed it!).
- Able to pass a security background check.
- Exceptional leadership skills and a track-record of successfully managing and developing a team through strong coaching and mentoring techniques.
- Decisive - excellent problem solving / resolution skills, and desire to drive improvement.
- A “we-before-me” approach to work: Exceptional customer service, communication and collaboration skills (dog whisperers welcome!).
- Ready to perform other office related maintenance tasks as required.
What's it like to work at PNI Digital Media?
At PNI, we never settle for status quo. We never forget that our customers are our business. We’re efficient but diligent. We value teamwork. And above all, we know how to have fun. We love dogs, video games, karaoke, popcorn and foosball. We celebrate our successes, and we hold charity and fitness events throughout the year. In addition to a fitness subsidy, mat leave top-ups and a dog-friendly workplace, we offer our staff free fitness and yoga classes each week. Come and find out why we’re a consistently award-winning employer. Some of our recent accolades:
- Canada Top 100 Employers
- BC's Top Employers
- SME Canada Top Small & Medium Employers
- BC's Top Technology Companies
- Profit 500 Company
PNI builds on-demand personalized print solutions, transaction processing, and order routing services for the world's largest retailers. We connect consumer-ordered digital content, whether from online, in-store kiosks, desktop software, or mobile phones, with retailers that have on-demand manufacturing capabilities, to produce personalized products.
Job Type: Full-time
- IT Operations Management: 10 years (Required)