“Fun Focused, Skin Serious.”
MaskerAide is a growing, emerging beauty brand that is distributed worldwide, with notable stockists that include Selfridges, Marks & Spencer, Harvey Nichols, Vita, London Drugs, Rexall, Garage and H&M.
We are looking for a highly creative, on-trend and beauty-savvy individual to join our small team as our Social Media and Marketing Intern. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is creative and has an interest in content creation and communications. As our Social Media and Marketing Intern, you will assist in social media content creation, quarterly marketing calendars, scheduling and posting, competitive brand research and analysis, and other various marketing and public relations tasks.
- Content Creation Assistance – assist in creating content for social media assets including Instagram, Blog (may include copywriting), Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Marketing and Promotional Calendar Assistance - contribute to quarterly marketing ideas and promotional calendar.
- Research and Brand Analysis – research, analyze, and report on competitors, beauty trends, marketplace, new and evolving media and platforms, etc.
- Product Testing and Development – assist in testing new products, as well as analyzing competitor brand products. Contribute to the creation of new product lines and product development research.
- Miscellaneous Marketing and PR Tasks - assist in creating press kits, scheduling and posting for social media, organizing contacts and files, etc.
- Post-Secondary Education in Marketing or Public Relations related program.
- Proven experience building digital content and a social media presence.
- Strong copywriting skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to create compelling web and social media content (knowledge of Squarespace platform and basic web coding is an asset).
- Experience in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) and other photo editing apps for social media ** Must have own laptop with Adobe Suite.
- A strong understanding of social influencers and how to work with them.
- Effective time management and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Creative and energetic. Must be a team player.
- An interest in the beauty industry is a must.
Term: SEPTEMBER 2020 to DECEMBER 2020 (4 months)
Hours worked are towards academic credit. We will provide all reporting required, as well as letters of recommendations based on completion.
Please send a resume, a brief cover letter, a portfolio/examples of work and be sure to include any social media handles or links.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Salary: $0.00 per hour
- Casual Dress
- Work From Home
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No Weekends
- Social Media: 1 year (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19