Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply.
Regional FM News Anchor, Full-time
Corus Quay – 25 Dockside Drive, Toronto, ON
About the Role:
Are you a news person with attitude? Are you ready to rock the listeners of some of Canada’s biggest rock stations, with a smart, clever delivery?The Toronto/Hamilton FM cluster has an exciting opportunity for a full-time news anchor at our Corus Quay location. Reporting to the Program Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of news and information gathering, and news and anchoring. This position will include work on Q107, The Edge and Y108.
About You:What We Need From You:
- Assemble, write, and deliver news and information on Q107, The Edge and Y108.
- Generate content for our websites and social feeds.
- Work with some very talented on-air teams
- Keep listeners informed using our FM stations social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Strict adherence to all Corus and industry values and policies, including the Code of Business Conduct, Respect in the Workplace, CBSC regulations and matters of confidentiality.
- Fill-in on other stations – as required and assigned
- Strong on-air delivery.
- Ability to accurately summarize sometimes complex issues for broadcast with short, concise, and memorable news writing.
- Familiarity with Toronto and Hamilton news issues, current affairs and pop culture.
- A working knowledge of Burli software, iMediaTouch, Outlook, Word, Excel, Wordpress and new digital media
- Being able to multitask, communicate and handle high pressure situations.
- Ability to work independently
- A self-starter with a desire to be part of a winning team with a passion for the rock format
- Strong people skills.
- Knowledge of industry standards and codes such as those outlined by the CBSC and CRTC, as well as the RTDNA Code of Ethics.
- A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that will enable the successful candidate to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity.
Please include a link to your demo in your resume.
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
- No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.