Administrative Assistant - Clinical
The Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre is one of the largest and most progressive long-term care homes in Ontario. The Perley Rideau campus includes 450 long-term care beds, a 12-bed Guest House providing respite care and a Seniors Village with 139 independent-living apartments for seniors. A growing number of clinical, therapeutic and recreational services are available on-site. We are seeking applications for the following non-union administrative support position:
Administrative Assistant – Clinical (Temporary Full-Time)
This position provides administrative support to the Program Lead, Informatics and Quality. This is a one-year contract position with strong possibility of renewal.
The Clinical Administrative Assistant will:
- Coordinate Care Conference with residents, families and interprofessional team
- Assist with administrative requests from staff and management
- Provide administrative and logistical support to projects
- Be an advocate for change
- Conduct preliminary analysis to meet decision support needs
- Other assigned duties as required
To be selected, you must possess the following qualifications:
- Completion of Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD);
- Minimum of 6 months recent experience working with Microsoft Excel;
- Typing 35 wpm and familiarity with word processing software and e-mail;
- Ability to work with variety of sensitive information and to maintain confidentiality;
- Good organizational skills with ability to prioritize, multi-task and maintain schedules
- English level A- is required in oral comprehension, expression, reading, and writing;
- Ability to work under pressure when required to meet deadlines;
- Able to follow process documents on standard work
- Ability to learn new software and equipment
- Demonstrate a strong customer service orientation and compassion;
- Be reliable, flexible, well organized, punctual and detail-oriented;
- Demonstrate the core values of the Perley Rideau
Preferred assets include:
- College or university degree in a related field
- Bilingualism (English and French)
- Experience in healthcare setting
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Record
Please note the following requirements for your application:
- All applicants must provide a Cover Letter in a Word Document with the following formatting:
o Margins: 1 inch (2.54 cm) on all sides (top, bottom, left, right);
o Font: 12-pt. Arial;
o Spacing: 1.15
o Page Number: At the bottom right of every page
- The Cover Letter must answer all of the following questions. No generic Cover Letters will be accepted.
o Briefly describe your specific experience, education or training that would make you a good candidate for this role.
o Why are you interested in this position?
o What are your two greatest strengths that you would bring to this position?
o What are two of your weaknesses and how would you overcome them in this role?
- All applicants must provide a copy of their resume.
- All applicants will be required to provide 3 references after interviews
All candidates are encouraged to send their resume and a covering letter meeting the above requirements to:
Resumes may be forwarded by Friday, June 19th, 2020 to:
Human Resources Services
The Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre
1750 Russell Road, Ottawa, ON K1G 5Z6
We thank all candidates for applying; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: 2020-229
Job Type: Full-time