Mega Group Inc. is Canada's largest retail buying and support group of independent furniture, appliance and consumer electronics retailers. We are dedicated to providing programs that stimulate growth and promote success. Our vision is to be the essential supplier of retail services ensuring the continued success of the Independent Home Goods retail channel in Canada. As a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, we serve over 600 retail members across the country with offices located in Saskatoon, Toronto and Montreal.
We are proud to provide an employee-friendly work environment, where work-life balance is a priority. We value the talents and abilities of our employees and strive for an open, flexible, cooperative, and dynamic work environment.
We are seeking a Junior Accountant in our Saskatoon office. Reporting to the Division Accountant, E-Accounting, the incumbent’s primary responsibilities will be:
- Accounts payable duties including invoice entry, matching vendor invoices to purchase orders, and supplier reconciliations.
- Process and balance daily bank deposits.
- Process pre-authorized withdrawals for clients on a weekly basis.
- Payroll entries including source deduction remittances.
- General journal analysis and account reconciliation.
- Act as a point of contact to resolve client/vendor account queries.
- Month end process:
- assist in preparing the permanent file
- create and post entries
- account reconciliation
- assist in financial analysis when required * Assist in the design and delivery of all financial reports required to evaluate achievement of corporate objectives.
- Assist in the completion of financial reporting tools and the related staff education.
- Participate in the annual external audit as well as any tax audits as required.
- Assist with other functions as required.
- At least two (2) years of general accounting experience in a small business environment.
- Accounting diploma or Post-secondary accounting education is required.
- Solid working knowledge of GAAP and relevant tax and regulatory requirements.
- Advanced computer skills with experience using a variety of accounting software programs, and is able to learn new programs quickly.
- Professional written and oral communication.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite; specifically Word and Excel.
- Bilingualism (English/French) is considered an asset
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting: 2 years (Preferred)