Canada’s premium cannabis nursery, Mother Labs Inc. is a mean, clean growing machine, supplying live cannabis in all stages for the people. We merge farming expertise with scientific innovation for the growth of clean, green cannabis plants with genetically precise traits for ultimate connoisseurs. We are not like other mothers.
Mother Labs is looking to adopt people who embody this innovative skill set and are flexible as we grow into an emerging market. All candidates are expected to maintain the highest level of cleanliness and sterility inside the facility and contribute to the thriving culture of the organization.
This position reports to our Controller.
· Assist with the preparation of month end and year end financial statements
· Analyze and reconcile bank statements and general ledgers
· Prepare and post journal entries
· Assist with inventory costing, account reconciliation, and variance analysis
· Prepare compliance reporting as necessary including government remittances
· Maintain and record fixed assets
· General administrative duties, such as filing and organizing documents
· Other duties and projects as assigned
· 3 to 5 years of related general accounting experience
· Post secondary degree, diploma or certification in accounting
· Proficient in Microsoft Office – particularly Excel and Word
· Related experience in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory and Purchasing
· Strong understanding of and adherence to internal controls
· Must have strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and organization skills
· Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year