Part Time Grass Cutter Position.
Please read description carefully before applying.
We are a small local family-owned and operated residential lawn care company based out of the Etobicoke area. Working at Markland Wood Group is different from any other lawn care job. We offer more than just seasonal employment. When you join our team, you instantly become a huge part of Etobicoke's premier lawn care crew! We offer competitive hourly pay, a stable and consistent work schedule that rarely changes from week to week, and an environment that is truly welcoming and supports you in your role.
Our staff are our greatest assets, and are valued, respected, and rewarded for their hard work, reliability, and dedication to their craft! We are committed to delivering the best lawn care services to our clients. In turn, we give our team the best opportunity to succeed.
Why wait, Apply Now!
You will be responsible for attending client properties using a company-issued vehicle. Each property must be attended to in accordance with a roster which will be provided, and in a specific geographical order. At each client's property, you will be performing tasks such as mowing lawns with a gas-powered lawn mower, nicely edging lawn perimeters, and blowing pathways and driveways clean using handheld lawn blowers. This position requires the successful applicant to be available weekdays as early as 9AM, and as late as 6PM. Working occasional weekends may be required to make up for any lost time or rain-outs. As such, an open schedule is a must.
- Safely operate a company-issued vehicle to get to and from client properties as directed.
- Operate gas-powered lawn mower and hand tools such as and edger/trimmer and blower.
- Lifting equipment in and out of company-issued vehicle, weighing upwards from 60 pounds.
- Carry heavy bags of yard waste, weighing as much as 50 pounds.
- Must be available weekdays as early as 9AM, and as late as 6PM. Working occasional weekends may be required.
- Starting wage is $17 per hour with an increase to $18.25 per hour and full benefits following 60 days of successful employment.
- Stable work and payment schedule.
- Eligible for cash bonuses for excellent performance.
- Comply with all safety precautions, operational procedures, directions, rules, policies, and regulations.
- Good verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently, and with minimal supervision.
- Must be physically able and willing to work outdoors for prolonged periods of time; in direct sunlight, and in hot and humid conditions.
- A valid driver's license with a clean driving record (G2 or G).
- Be physically fit, and able to lift at least 60 pounds.
- Must have reliable means of transportation to and from our location at any given time.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Serious applicants only.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $17.00 - $18.25 per hour
- Casual Dress
- Company Car
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- On-site Parking
- Vision Care
- lawn care: 1 year (Preferred)