We have a unique opportunity for someone to contribute their talents and strengths as a Team Lead at our Toronto office.
A COMPANY TO BE PROUD OF
At Computershare we invite you to share our vision and commitment to excellence in everything that we do. Our 12,000 people around the globe are entrepreneurial and innovative, serving 16,000 clients and customers with precision and reliability because they count on us to deliver, every time.
CPU) is a global market leader in transfer agency and share registration, employee equity plans, mortgage servicing, proxy solicitation and stakeholder communications. We also specialize in corporate trust, bankruptcy, class action and utility administration, and a range of other diversified financial and governance services.
Founded in 1978, Computershare is renowned for its expertise in high integrity data management, high volume transaction processing and reconciliations, payments and stakeholder engagement. Many of the world’s leading organizations use us to streamline and maximize the value of relationships with their investors, employees, creditors and customers.
Computershare is represented in all major financial markets and has over 12,000 employees worldwide.
DIVERSITY IS A STRENGTH
Across our global team, we see diversity as a source of strength. The more perspectives we have, the better equipped we’ll be to meet the demands of our diverse global customer base. We want every person who joins out team, every customer and every supplier to feel welcome. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and believe in equality for everyone, regardless of age, national or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected be applicable law. That applies throughout our company, around the world with no exceptions, regardless of differences. We will hire, develop, reward, promote and retain people purely on the basis of their talents, commitment, potential and the results they achieve. We will work hard to make sure everyone is included within our organization, removing barriers and obstacles to give everyone an equal opportunity to succeed.
Our key values – Certainty, Ingenuity and Advantage – drive everything we do: you can count on us to deliver with precision and reliability, every time. We look beyond today’s problems to find tomorrow’s solutions, focusing on finding new and better way to unlock your competitive edge and help you achieve your business goals.
A ROLE YOU WILL LOVE
The Team Leader manages a group of administrators within the Billing Operations Team or the Master Data Team. They are responsible for leading, supporting, and coaching the team in both operational and project work, and liaising with business contacts. The Team Leader is responsible for ensuring complete and accurate revenue reporting, within the context of services provided by their team.
The Billing Operations team is responsible for processing billing transactions, and confirming intercompany and external client invoices in accordance with service level agreements and client fee schedules.
The Master Data Team is primarily responsible for maintaining the integrity of client account information in the billing and financial accounting systems. They also perform system maintenance and reporting functions for these systems.
- Set and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) for services provided by the team, tied to Service Level Agreements where available.
- Provide timely and accurate KPI reporting to manager(s) and internal clients
- Set performance objectives for team/individuals, and provide ongoing feedback on performance
- Create personal development and/or succession plans for all team members to ensure personal growth and long-term department stability
- Provide support to users within Billing and other teams. This may include:
- Developing and coaching Subject Matter Experts within the team
- Ensuring documentation and training materials are current and effective
- Providing training to Billing Administrators and other users
- Availability to handle complex situations and serve as extra capacity during high volume periods
- Responding to requests for information and escalations
- Leading small projects and process improvement initiatives
- Participating as an SME in larger projects
- Coordinate tasks and delegate responsibilities within the team (supported by Senior Billing Administrators), with the objective that the team and processes run effectively and efficiently
- Provide outstanding customer service by meeting expected service levels, notably invoice timeliness and accuracy.
- Respond to escalations and complex inquiries from internal contacts regarding transactions and invoices
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with Computershare internal customers.
- Coordinate with the Billing Manager, and other Shared Services Accounting Managers/Team Leaders on initiatives that impact multiple groups within Shared Services Accounting
- Act as secondary support to the staff reporting to the other Team Leader
- Recommend opportunities for continuous improvement and standardization
- Complete all mandatory training and development activities, and engage in ongoing self-development
- Participate in special projects
- Motivated by a time-sensitive environment, where performance goals are measured and tracked
- Commitment to accuracy through high attention to detail and personal integrity
- Able to prioritize short and long-term tasks, and assist others in doing the same
- Enthusiasm for a challenging and changing work environment; willingness to acquire and develop new skills and business knowledge
- Adept at learning new software and systems, and understand relationships between systems
- Committed to providing excellent client service
- Clear and effective communication with peers and senior colleagues
- Able to simplify complex technical information for non-technical audiences
- Demonstrates a professional attitude, discretion, and tact at all times
- Able to navigate effectively in a matrix organization
- Available and willing to work overtime, as required
- Available and willing to travel, as required
Education & Training
- University Degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, or related disciplines
- Post-Secondary education in Management is an asset
- Proficient English language skills; French is a strong asset
- Intermediate level in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience, preferably in Shared Services Accounting
- Experience in project administration is an asset
- Knowledge of Computershare products/services and systems is an asset
Decision Making & Problem Solving
- Makes recommendations with respect to the day to day operation of the team, including workflow of administrators, volume/scope of work and staffing level requirements
- Sets priorities for administrators based on workloads, deadlines, etc.
- Determines what issues must be escalated to Management
- Responsible for decisions affecting the accuracy and quality of work
- Problems can occur and employee makes decisions within limits defined by standards or accepted practice and guidelines
- Makes regular assessments about the performance of unit, conduct first level interview for new hires and provide recommendations to Management in relation to hiring and staffing decisions
- Evaluates billing processes within unit and makes recommendations to Management if changes are required to increase efficiencies within unit. Leads process improvement intradepartmental projects.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert on interdepartmental projects
Supervisory & Management Responsibility
- This position includes the management of 3-10 Billing Administrators, Client Account Administrators, and/or Senior Billing Administrators
- Supervise the hiring and training of new administrators
- Oversee the coordination and delegation of work to the Billing Administrators.
- Provide guidance to staff and assist in their development
- Create and maintain succession plans for key employees
Independence of Action
- Follows established accounting procedures and practices
- Able to work independently and checks with Manager on major issues or changes.
- Responsible for implementation of procedures relating to the position.
Consequence of Error and Budget Responsibilities
- Responsible for supervising the production of approximately 85,000 invoices per year, representing ~$175 million revenue (jointly with the other Team Leader and Billing Manager)
- Failure to identify and or correct errors may result in financial losses to Computershare as well as loss of reputation
- The incumbent is responsible for the maintenance of the billing system. Failure to report and/or escalate system issues can result in considerable downtime, resulting in work delays.
- This position has no direct responsibility or accountability for budget (except as with all staff, to make every effort to control and/or reduce expenses), though they may assist in the preparation/analysis of reports for setting budgets and reviewing variances
- The Incumbent has access to financial information as part of his/her functions.
- He/she is expected to safeguard confidential data.
- Disclosure of information could impact Company’s and/or Client’s business integrity and reputation.
Contacts – Internal and External
Daily - Providing leadership, guidance, training and support.
Shared Services Accounting - others Daily - Providing information related to billing systems/processes; providing information on financial reporting in relation to billing.
Client Servicing Officers and Managers Daily - Providing/receiving information, guidance and training in relation to billing system/processes.
Financial Department As required - Ensuring the provision of financial reporting as per set deadlines, providing guidance and training in relation to billing system/processes
CTS – IT Support:
Receive system support in relation to billing systems and requesting/receiving changes to systems having an impact on billing
(1-2 times per month) and for system upgrades (as required).
CTS – COSMOS Billing Support / Global Billing Team As required - Providing information related to billing systems/processes, especially in relation to new products, acquisitions, process improvements and system upgrades that will affect Canadian billing processes and data
Business Improvement Group/CTS As required – Providing information related to billing systems/processes, especially in relation to new products, restructuring, acquisitions, process improvements and system upgrades that will affect billing data (inputs and outputs) and processes
- May require some contacts with clients (by phone and/or email) involving invoicing.
- Periodic communication with external auditors
Physical Skill and Effort
- There is the requirement to work to and successfully meet internally imposed deadlines and frequently deal with conflicting demands or changing priorities.
- The position requires long periods of sitting and visual attention in front of PC doing analysis, reconciliation and data entry into the billing system.
- Position may spend moderate time answering telephone calls or on the phone
- The environment is generally comfortable with exposure to normal levels of elements such as dust, with minor fluctuations in heating or ventilation.
- There is a low risk of injury to the incumbent.
- The requirement to travel will vary depending on the assigned functions and projects. Travel is expected to be infrequent, but may include local, domestic and international locations.
- Must be available to work from both the Toronto and Richmond Hill locations as required.
At Computershare we invite you to share our vision and our commitment to excellence in everything that we do. Our people are entrepreneurial and innovative and serve our clients with precision and reliability because they count on us to deliver, every time.
Computershare sees diversity as a source of strength. The more different perspectives we have, the better equipped we’ll be to meet the demands of our diverse global customer base. We want every person who joins our team, every customer and every supplier to feel welcome. We believe in equality for everyone, regardless of age, ethnicity, gender identity, race, religion, disability or sexual orientation. That applies throughout our company, around the world with no exceptions, regardless of differences. We will hire, develop, reward, promote and retain people purely on the basis of their talents, commitment, potential and the results they achieve. We will work hard to make sure everyone is included within our organization, removing barriers and obstacles to give everyone an equal opportunity to succeed.
Computershare is committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you are a candidate requiring an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to be part of our leading brand, please apply for this position by clicking on the "Apply" button and following the application process.