Assist in the planning and implementation of recreational programs for Residents under the direction of the Recreation Manager.
1. Assist the Recreation Manager in the planning and implementation of recreation activities designed to meet individual needs and interests, according to established standards
2. Organize supplies and equipment as needed
3. Set up program area as needed
4. Keep attendance and document Resident participation in activities
5. Encourage Residents to attend programs
6. Assist Residents to and from programs
7. Lives the Vision, Mission, Values and Service Standards of the Organization
8. Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Highly organized and able to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Must enjoy working with the elderly in a setting that promotes optimum independence, dignity and respect
- Must have high energy and a sense of fun
- A college diploma in leisure services an asset
- Must be able to deal effectively with problem solving situations, and make judgment decisions.
- Lifting alone, maximum 40 lbs. (5-29 lbs. usual), as an essential job function.
- Lifting with assistance, maximum 150 lbs. (100 - 125 lbs. usual) as a non-essential job function.
- Pushing/pulling, maximum 160 lbs., (100 – 125 lbs. usual) as a non-essential activity
- Walking, with some upstairs walking, as an essential job function.
- Standing for lengths of time up to 3 hours maximum at one time, as an essential job function
- Bending/stooping for short periods of time as a non-essential job function.
- Crouching, kneeling for short periods of time as a non-essential function.
Alavida Lifestyles is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices. Alavida Lifestyles will provide accommodation to people with disabilities upon request throughout our recruitment process.
Job Type: Part-time
- Retirement Residence: 1 year (Preferred)