The Grocery Clerk is responsible for providing prompt, courteous and knowledgeable service to our customers. As well as receiving, stocking and facing of grocery products and maintaining general cleanliness throughout the store and in the department.
- Engage and interact with customers to create a positive shopping experience
- Maintain a high level of customer service
- Participate in all manner of store maintenance and cleanliness
- Maintain a neat, well groomed personal appearance at all times and observe company dress code; must wear approved hat or hair net
- Observe shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by Manager.
- Comply fully with all health and safety procedures.
- Assist in receiving, storing, and stocking of products while ensuring proper product rotation and quality.
- Create and build product displays, ensure proper facing of products, and handle product damages and credits according to company policy.
- Must be familiar with store products and their locations in order to assist customers in locating items.
- Place orders as requested
- Replace used stock, face and rotate current stock and ensure satisfactory inventory levels.
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed.
- Conducts carry-outs for customers upon request
- Participate in merchandising and promotional activities
- Assist in the training of others
- Other duties as assigned
EFFORT AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Physical Demands - Standing, walking, reaching, bending, twisting, ability to carry/lift
- Working Conditions - Inside, Cold, freezing and dry.
- Repetitive Action- Unload Grocery deliveries, stock, rotate and block merchandise in all grocery cases, keep department organized and clean, operate and clean equipment and tools.
- Flexibility: Grocery clerks might be asked to work evenings and weekends.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to perform repetitive heavy lifting
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing; Excellent listening skills
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Professional demeanor under stressful situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Experience in Retail sales preferred
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
Organic Garage is committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants are asked to please make their needs/requirements known.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour