Drainage Field Surveyor
ASL is hiring a Drainage Field Surveyor.
ASL is a well-established multi-service construction company working in civil construction performing earthworks, site preparation, landscaping, drainage and specialty projects. We are committed to providing an environment that supports professional growth, advancement, and development.
We are looking for a motivated and knowledgeable surveyor to join our drainage team. The ideal candidate will be performing control site layouts, topographical surveys, maintenance of GPS equipment, and general layouts as required. They must be a self-starter able to take initiative, prioritize tasks, and provide accurate information in an efficient manner.
This position is field based, with office visits as required, primarily in Eastern Ontario from 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with competitive wage based on experience.
Major responsibilities but not limited to the following:
· Use survey instruments to establish correct grade and layout for drainage projects with the ability to read plans
- Provide layout at various stages
- Record the results of survey including the shape, contour, locations, elevation and dimensions of land or land features.
- Ensure equipment is maintained and calibrated
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 2+ years’ relevant experience in this position considered an asset
- Experience in drainage, tiling and irrigation an asset
- Strong GPS, total stations and site levels experience
- Knowledge of survey practices and standards
- Experience with AutoCAD considered an asset
- Driver’s license (Class G)
- Highly organized with strong communication skills
Experience is preferred but we are willing to train, support and develop the right candidate.
We offer competitive compensation with pension, health, and dental benefits.
Please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter. All applications will be accepted in confidence. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ASL respects employment equity and values diversity and inclusion. If you require access accommodations during this process, please include the details with your email we will work with you to make sure your needs are met.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent