The Junior Construction Manager supports the construction department by overseeing project details, tracking change orders, monitoring construction infrastructures, actively working with Procore and monitoring change processes in the construction scope of work.
- Document notes for each meeting that takes place on the job (i.e. bid review/conference, design meetings, kickoff meetings, OAC meetings, major multi party calls).
- Note details must be in full context of discussion points, the tone, impacts to the project consequently answering the “why?”
- Take daily structured and unstructured photos of predetermined locations, construction activities (new constructions, possible issues, milestones reached, etc.) coinciding with the daily infrastructure tracker
- For all “Scope” items, acquire floor plans and update progress trackers daily and upload them on Procore.
- Document critical upcoming submittal information in the Procore daily logs congruent with related schedule while adhering to due dates.
Project Review and Acknowledgements
- Review feedback and respond to inquiries regarding all previous day activities and upcoming milestones.
- Review and action critical RFIs while adhering to the deadlines.
Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven experience as a junior construction manager or similar role
- Excellent organization skills
- Great attention to detail
- Knowledge of floor plans and construction procedures
- Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent report writing, communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with ProCore and Box is an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
- ProCore: 1 year (Preferred)
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)