Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of the Client Onboarding department in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Provides oversight/control on client account opening documents to help reduce the firms risk with the applicable regulating bodies by reviewing, analyzing and approving/rejecting documents for completeness and accuracy using various applications (Webpost, AS400, HOD, Sharepoint)
- Providing exceptional customer service support on account opening related queries by remaining current and informed on existing and new industry regulations and firm policies and procedures.
- Maintain client account integrity by performing sundry items as required
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions in a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Education / Experience
- Minimum high school education
- Familiar or basic understanding of IIROC, AML, QI, CASL, CRS and FATCA regulations pertinent to the securities industry and related account opening forms
- Familiar with Broadridge and other industry systems an asset (Webpost, AS400; OAM, BTS, COLD, etc)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.