Location: Logan Lake, BC, CA
Reporting to the Superintendent, Transformational Technology, the Systems Implementation & Maintenance Lead is accountable for design, scheduling, costing, and implementation of all autonomous haulage system (AHS) hardware, software, and supporting infrastructure required to enable implementation of the AHS technology at Teck Highland Valley Copper. They are also responsible for establishing and embedding the comprehensive processes required to maintain these systems, to ensure the safe and effective implementation of new technology.
The Maintenance Lead combines strengths in wireless technology, digital systems, instrumentation hardware, mining equipment mechanical and electrical maintenance, and project management
- Establish and promote the maintenance and continuous improvement of a safe and healthy working environment through personal commitment to the principles of Teck’s Environment, Health, and Safety Policy.
- Responsible for the design, scheduling, costing, integration, implementation and execution of systems deployment and infrastructure installation required to enable AHS technology including:
- Wireless network
- Fleet Management Systems
- AHS software
- AHS hardware on mobile mining equipment
- Responsible for the supervision and creation of new positions responsible for the maintenance and integration of all AHS hardware and systems, including ones that transition from CAT or Finning to Teck
- Responsible for the development and deployment of maintenance processes for Teck’s HVC and broader AHS implementation(s) including:
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive library of maintenance processes that are consistent with existing Teck policies by:
- Adopting and customizing existing OEM/dealer processes
- Updating existing Teck/ HVC maintenance processes to reflect realities of AHS
- Developing new processes necessary to address identified gaps
- Facilitate risk assessments and other audits to test the adequacy and successful deployment of the maintenance processes
- Deploy the AHS processes:
Demonstrate a personal commitment to effective deployment of the AHS maintenance processes via classroom training, in-field coaching, etc.
For each role that interacts with AHS in any way, defining the necessary training requirements and, with the Lead, Procedures and Training, managing the delivery of that training
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, or related)
- Minimum 5 years of mine maintenance experience
- Experience in project management
- Strong knowledge of different mining operation and maintenance processes and technologies
- Strong demonstrated computer skills, in particular MS Project, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven track record of driving meaningful and sustained change
- Ability to lead and collaborate across a number of departments and disciplines
- Clear understanding and proven track record of change management
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and collaborative skills
- Effective communication skills, written and oral
- Demonstrated team player
- Process focused and results oriented
Your application to this posting is deemed your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
Job Type: Full-time