Job Title: Retail Associate
Reports To: Manager, ReStore
Terms of Employment: Part-Time, Permanent
Location: Oshawa ReStore - 200 John St W, Oshawa, ON L1J 2B4
Website: www.habitatgta.ca or www.instagram.com/habitatgta
If you love working with people, have retail or customer service experience, enjoy physical activity and want to make an impact on your community, then this role is for you!
About Habitat for Humanity
We are a nonprofit housing organization and we partner with people in your community and all over the world to build or improve a place that they can call home. With our help, Habitat homeowners achieve the strength, stability, and independence that they need to build a better life for themselves and their families.
In support of our homebuilding activity, we also operate Habitat ReStores in 12 locations across the GTA. We collect and sell new and used donated home furnishings, appliances, and renovation materials which help fund the cost to build homes. Learn more about our impact here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ca2InDaGRw4.
Join our team and help us achieve our vision for a world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live.
How We Take Care of Our People
- A meaningful opportunity to make an impact on others
- Generous Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Flexible work hours (never work nights!)
- Paid vacation, personal days, and Habitat for Humanity days
- Corporate gym membership and an Employee Wellness Plan
- Volunteer opportunities to support our Habitat for Humanity Builds
- Growth and development opportunities
- Great entry-level opportunity for new graduates, or experienced customer service professionals
How You Will Make An Impact
- Deliver exceptional customer service in-store and by telephone
- Accept donations of gently used items
- Receive and unload shipments of products from our delivery trucks
- Merchandise and organize products on the store floor
- Perform all standard cash register transactions proficiently and accurately according to operational procedures including cash, debit card, and credit card transactions
- Support with updating our e-commerce platform
- Represent Habitat for Humanity GTA as a Brand Ambassador by modeling our values and guiding principles
What You Bring
- A passion for our not-for-profit cause
- Past retail or customer service experience is considered an asset
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to perform heavy lifting on a regular basis (30 + pounds)
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of web-based applications
- Understanding of volunteer management and renovation and building materials are considered assets
Your Future at Habitat for Humanity GTA Awaits
If you are ready to make a meaningful impact and become a part of our team, please submit your resume to this posting!
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada throughout the duration of their employment with Habitat for Humanity GTA. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Habitat for Humanity GTA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Habitat for Humanity GTA is committed to ensuring a barrier-free, accessible and inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Upon individual request, we will endeavor to remove barriers to the hiring process to accommodate candidates with disabilities, providing the applicant has met the bonafide requirements of the employment position. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point during the recruitment and selection process.
As part of our selection process, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check. It is a mandatory term of employment for this position that you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 at least 14 days prior to your start date. Employment will be contingent on proof of vaccination.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Habitat for Humanity GTA, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00 per hour