Do you have a passion for nursing? Are you looking for a place to showcase your leadership and clinical expertise? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Geriatric Nurse Clinician with a real dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our team at Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre (ARHCC).
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations.
Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC’s first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your real passion for nursing to the role and be part of our rapidly thriving team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Providing consultations and clinical expertise to acutely ill older adults
- Performing gerontological nursing assessments and ongoing evaluations of older adults with complex care needs
- Providing information and education to staff, patients, and families
- Participating in research, policy, quality improvement, and risk management activities
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- Three (3) years of recent related clinical experience in acute gerontological nursing including one (1) year of education and/or leadership experience
- Completion of post graduate course work and/or certification applicable to gerontological nursing (Canadian Nurses Association Gerontology Nursing Certificate)
- Valid BC Driver's Licence and access to a personal vehicle for business related purposes
This role is a casual position located at Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre (ARHCC) in Abbotsford, BC. ARHCC is a 272 bed, University of British Columbia affiliated hospital offering medical, surgical, obstetrics, inpatient pediatrics, renal, cardiology, tertiary palliative care, helipad, as well as 24/7 emergency services with 79,289 visits annually.
Abbotsford is a flourishing community with breath-taking scenic views. It is home to the Abbotsford International Airport, the fastest growing airport in western Canada, and the annual Abbotsford International Air Show.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Take the next step and apply, so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve. Join Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.