Book Depot is continually seeking exemplary Expert Service & Support Specialists to join our growing Customer Service team.
This person will work with our existing full-time Specialists in the Thorold, ON main office & provide customer service to our retail customers (Book Outlet, Lillypost & third-party marketplaces) . This position involves substantial contact with the public & therefore requires an individual who can handle a variety of unique situations in an always fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate(s) will be fully trained by staff for the specifics of the position.
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service & support at all times
- Develop & maintain a positive company image by efficiently & accurately interacting with customers
- Respond to customer inquiries via multiple channels & platforms. I.e. phone, email, service ticket, & live chat
- Troubleshoot with customers experiencing difficulty
- Order & returns processing
- Interact with third-party customers & partners for policy & service related issues
- Demonstrate sincere empathy & patience with all customers
- Participate in interdepartmental cross-training
- Document & analyze product/service related concerns; actively participate in continuous improvement practices & proactive processes
Skills and qualifications:
- 2+ years’ of Customer Service experience
- Dexterous typing & administrative skills
- Proficient internet skills, including use & knowledge of various computer programs & functions
- Excellent knowledge of Google Docs & MS Office suite; with an emphasis on Excel & Word
- Enjoy working with the public & solving complex problems
- Ability to effectively work independently & in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills & professional tone (spoken & written)
- Ability to objectively interpret & grasp unique & complex cases based on varying customer behavior
- Abstract problem solving/troubleshooting capabilities
This position will be full-time with the following hours:
First shift: 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday
Second shift: 10:30am to 7:00pm Monday through Thursday, 8:30am - 5:00pm Friday
With rotational weekend & holiday support in office or from home as necessary; laptop provided.
(Summer hours 8:00am to 4:30pm and 10:30am - 7:00pm; July - September)
Being the best seller in bargain books is about more than providing great selection and fantastic value on new books. As amazing as a bounty of bargain books is, you can also expect an enjoyable shopping experience. Unlike big box retailers, Book Outlet can get a little more personal. We have great systems behind the scenes to make everything seamless and we are still small enough that you can get a live person on the phone when you need it.
When you call during business hours you will speak to a friendly, helpful person (hey, isn’t that a novel idea). If you email, a real person will respond to your inquiry within eight business hours.
Our mission is to make your experience enjoyable and ultimately save you money. When you find yourself with a relatively unscathed wallet and eager to crack open some great new books, we know that you have enjoyed the shopping and the value.
To find out more about how Book Depot’s innovations and investment in our people are leading the bargain book industry, check out our corporate video: http://www.bookdepot.ca/Help/AboutUs
Book Depot welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 2 years (Required)
- Administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- French (Preferred)
- English (Required)