Position Title: C32/2019 - Fleet Services Clerk
Current Location(s): Police Headquarters, 5700 Valley Way, Niagara Falls ON
Association: Niagara Regional Police Association
Posting Date: February 13, 2020
Closing Date: March 9, 2020
The Fleet Service Clerk is accountable for scheduling vehicles for service and maintaining efficient workshop operations by ensuring that personnel and facilities are fully utilized and maintains automotive supplies and parts inventories ensuring quality, timeliness, and cost effectiveness.
· Secondary School Diploma plus completion of up to one-year post-secondary courses in
automotive industry or warehousing & inventory management related area.
· 2 – 2 ½ years of relevant work experience (e.g. automotive/service)
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to work without supervision
· General knowledge of mechanics and automotive parts
· Computer proficiency including MS Office and data entry skills
· Valid Class G Driver's License
NOTE: Once appointed to the position, the following requirements must be met:
· Successful completion of Service driving test
· Forklift certification
1. Forecast, monitor, and maintain the purchasing requirements of all vehicle parts equipment.
2. Receive goods and supplies and complete necessary documentation.
3. Ensure all assets received are in good condition and undamaged.
4. Attend to the fleet counter. May be required to issue equipment, uniforms, and general supplies requisitioned by members of the Service as needed.
5. Coordinate the reception of vehicles for repair and create repair orders and invoices.
6. Maintain an automated record keeping system, ensuring that appropriate records are maintained for all repairs and inventory purchases.
7. Assist in the preparation of documents for Service auctions.
8. Assist with minor vehicle repairs when required.
9. Assist in implementing the fleet maintenance program, coordinating workshop scheduling, and monitoring work in progress.
10. Ensure adequate stock is available. Take inventory and report variances as appropriate.
11. Ensure surplus parts, cores, warrantable items, and unserviceable automotive equipment/products are dealt with in an appropriate manner.
12. Ensure Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs) that pertain to Service vehicles are appropriately acted upon.
13. Perform the Fleet Unit Clerk duties in their absence as required.
14. Other related duties as assigned.
This is a permanent full time opportunity with the Service with an annual salary starting at $65,892.28.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume online by clicking on the Civilian Application Form link referencing the Position Number/Title above.
Reference ID: C32/2019 - Fleet Services Clerk
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $65,892.28 /year