Under the direction of the Director of Resident Services, the Staff Educator is responsible for management of the staff education portfolio, which includes staff in all departments. The Staff Educator shall ensure educational programs and training are provided in compliance with regional and provincial standards. The Staff Educator shall provide other programs and training in response to the needs of staff, as directed by the Director of Resident Services, and shall participate in long range educational planning that supports staff development, education and research. The Staff Educator is also responsible for the coordination and monitoring of the Policy & Procedure Manual, ensuring that review and revision of policies is done in a timely manner.
Job Type / Category
As a result of a retirement, Luther Home is seeking a part-time (0.5 EFT) Staff Educator who works in collaboration with professional and support staff to ensure that the organization’s mission, goals, objectives, vision of quality, residents’ rights/responsibilities, and policies/procedures are upheld.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
Selection Criteria Includes:
- University at a Bachelor level from a recognized university in a health discipline is preferred; however a combination of other relevant education and/or work experience may be considered.
- A Master’s degree in a health-related discipline is an asset.
- Two years relevant experience as a clinical educator, with knowledge of staff education needs in long term care.
- Experience/understanding of long term care and senior’s care.
- Knowledge of Infection Control practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective member in a multi-disciplinary team environment, while being self-motivated.
- Computer literacy that may include experience working with an electronic health record.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, residents, families, and external partners.
- A demonstrated record of participation in continuing education.
- Current security checks that include a Criminal Records Check, a Vulnerable Sector Check, and an Adult Abuse Registry Check.
Luther Home Corporation offers a competitive compensation package that includes a salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefit package that contains a defined benefit pension plan.
To apply for this exceptional opportunity please email a cover letter and resume prior to 4 PM on April 8, 2019.
We thank all who apply for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Luther Home Corporation is a multi-service, non-profit organization dedicated to serving the citizens of Winnipeg with love and compassion. Functioning as an independent, community-based and governed private organization, Luther Home Corporation provides services in the areas of long term care, housing, and services to seniors.
Job Type: Part-time