We are currently looking to hire one full time Personal Insurance Advisor for our Sioux Lookout office.
With 8 offices and growing, The Standard Insurance has served the best interests of home, business and vehicle owners in Northwestern Ontario, Manitoba and Saskatchewan since 1897. We love what we do and we’re good at it. We’re a company culture based on learning, collaboration, teamwork, bettering our communities, and most importantly, growth. Your work will have a measureable impact on our brand, vision, and the community.
What can you expect from us?
- A full-time position starting as soon as possible
- A competitive compensation package, including a comprehensive group benefits plan and a company matching RSP plan
- Modern technology and work environment
- Company paid continuing education
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will be responsible for processing client requests for routine policy endorsements, renewals or cancellations, and log all business activities with utmost accuracy, and will be required to obtain a license as a Registered Insurance Broker in Ontario.
Qualifications and Skills
- Professional demeanor and extraordinary customer service skills
- Effective and professional communication skills; both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to re-prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Experience working under pressure and maintaining composure in a fast paced and changing environment
- The ability to work within a team environment
- A current RIBO level 1 license, or willing to obtain as soon as possible
- Previous insurance experience is considered an asset, but not required as we are willing to train
- Must be willing to participate in ongoing training and education
- Significant computer aptitude, and working knowledge of MS Office, specifically Word and Excel
If you think you are the right individual, please send your resume and cover letter. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. This position will remain open until filled.
The Standard Insurance Brokers
Attn: Bryanna Booth
PO Box 2890, 319 Second Street South
Kenora, ON P9N 3X8
1.807.468.3333 (p) 1.807.468.4289 (f)
Email: bbooth at standard insurance dot ca
The Standard welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspect of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Insurance: 1 year (Preferred)