Position Title: Live Operations Associate
Smilegate West Inc. is the North and South American publisher of its parent company Smilegate, headquartered in South Korea. The Company specializes in Free-to-Play online games including CrossFire, and Lost Saga. Founded in 2006 with a goal of becoming a leading publisher and digital media distributor of online video games, the Company is built on the principle that online, community-based video games offer unique and compelling gaming experiences with untapped mass market potential and wide social appeal.
The Toronto office employs a staff of widely-talented and culturally diverse employees, led by an experienced and imaginative management team. In publishing CrossFire, one of the most played online FPS games worldwide, with over 6 million concurrent users and 500 million registered players, currently available in 80 countries including China, Vietnam, North & South America, and Europe, Smilegate West Inc. continues to deliver the highest quality free-to-play game experience through its proprietary gaming portals, Z8Games.
For more information about the company and its current product offerings, please visit www.smilegatewest.com.
The Company is always seeking top talent with various skill sets to join our growing team.
You are talented, hard-working, and excited by the idea of joining a Company where gaming at work is the norm. At this time, we are seeking a Live Operations Associate who is responsible for Ticket management, Game monitoring and reporting. If you feel the below description applies to you, apply now!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Portuguese
- Passion for games and the gaming industry/culture
- Patient, professional attitude
- Attention to detail
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic understanding of computer hardware/software
- Ability to actively respond to issues and provide quick, timely resolution
- Ability to time manage and prioritize tasks/projects
- Ability to interpret and empathize with customer needs
- Self-motivated and can work both independently or as a team
- Strong focus on work ethics
- 1 to 2 years of previous customer service experience
- Experience in the gaming industry
About the Job:
- Ticket Management
- Answering online tickets from the support center across multiple games and/or departments
- Conducting research on game issues, reviewing the evidence players submit and looking into event reward queries
- Analyzing bug reports submitted by players regarding any game bugs and report them accordingly to QA
- Troubleshooting technical issues with players until successful resolution is in place, documenting the process for future issues
- Reviewing player violation reports and taking disciplinary action based on findings
- Game Monitoring and Reporting
- Monitor game status and report any issues within the game or website
- Regularly playing game and accessing the website to ensure it is properly working for the end user
- Monitor, analyze, and report players feedback on social media, Discord and game forums
- Assist the QA team in testing of game/event functions as required
- Making announcements such as game issues, events, maintenance schedule using a variety of mediums (Social Media, Forums, Discord, In-Game Announcement System)
- Creating requests for marketing/advertising banners in relation to events and systems
- Engaging player via community channels and social media regarding feedback and offer information on game updates
- Hosting and participating in game events offline or through live streaming
- Provide input and ideas on content-driven events, updates, and improvements to both game functions and in-house tools
- Stay informed on the gaming industry/community for relevant knowledge via official and non-official websites and forums
We thank all applicants, however only those eligible to work in Ontario with a valid work permit and selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- customer service: 2 years (Required)
- gaming: 1 year (Required)