WHY JOIN ROOTS?
Roots is not only a brand, it’s a culture and lifestyle. We look for dynamic individuals who are not only interested in retail and fashion, but who enjoy challenges and share our vision for a safer, cleaner, healthier planet.
In addition to our customers, an intrinsic part of our success has always been the people who work here. Roots is a company in which you can grow and benefit from the great opportunities often available. All members of our team are encouraged to ‘spread their roots’.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR?
The Analyst, Operations Reporting & Analysis associate will focus on reporting and analysis in support of Roots Leather Factory operations and the leather business more broadly. The Analyst/Associate, Operations Reporting & Analysis will help build an internal reporting framework for the end-to-end leather business, including coverage of product sales performance; finished goods and raw materials inventory; production cost and efficiency; and production output and capacity. The incumbent will then execute daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements within the framework, undertaking deeper analysis of areas of focus. In addition to regular and ongoing reporting and analysis, the Analyst/Associate will also take on ad hoc strategic and operational analyses and special projects to support Leather Factory operations and the growth of the leather category at Roots.
To be successful, you’ll need to possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or another analytical discipline
- 2 – 3 years of relevant experience, preferably in a role reporting on and/or analyzing production operations and product manufacturing
- Advanced command of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint (working knowledge of MS Access an asset), with the ability and desire to learn new applications (e.g., Product reporting systems)
- Experienced with financial modeling and analysis, with sound corporate finance knowledge and a structured, data-driven approach to problem-solving
- Experience building and delivering presentations with clarity and impact
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Organized, detail-oriented, results-focused, and highly accountable, capable of working on multiple projects and delivering to deadlines
- Adaptable and flexible, with the ability to actively prioritize in a dynamic environment
- An independent thinker, but with team-player, partnership instincts
- Self-directed, eager to learn, and resourceful, but not afraid to seek guidance
- Leather Factory environment.
THE IMPACT YOU'LL HAVE
This is an opportunity to shape our company’s future by:
- build and run product-, class-, and category-level performance reporting (e.g., sales, gross profit, sell-throughs, finished goods inventory positions vs. plan and prior years)
- Work with the Production Buyer to build and run reporting for raw materials inventory, comparing on-hand raw materials against upcoming needs for production
- Work with the Production Management team to understand the end-to-end production process and ensure the timely and accurate capture of production data across the process
- Work with the Production Management, Finance, and HR teams to build and run production cost and efficiency reporting, comparing actual costs incurred by the factory against planned costs
- Work with the Production Management team to build and run production output reporting, comparing actual production against planned production
- Build and run short-, medium-, and long-range production capacity models to compare planned production against available production capacity
- Work with the Finance team to maintain and provide production and costing data needed by the Head Office Finance team for internal reporting and analysis
- Frame problems, conduct research, identify and gather data, and undertake analyses, generating implementable insights and presentations in support of ad hoc strategic and operational projects
- Support special projects across the Leather Factory and Head Office to drive continuous improvement of Leather Factory operations and the growth of the Leather category at Roots
SOUND LIKE YOU? APPLY NOW!
We’d like to thank everyone who applies, but we can only contact applicants who are most qualified.
Roots Corporation offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.