“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Reference No: ADM18-023
Position(s): One (1) Manager, Finance and Accounting
At Carefor Health & Community Services, we provide services for people of all ages and all stages of life. Our charitable, not-for-profit home health care organization stands by the same mission we've had since 1897, allowing us to proudly offer a wide variety of accessible home care and community support services that meet the individual needs of the communities we serve.
Reporting to the Controller, the Manager, Finance and Accounting is responsible for all aspects of finance and accounting for our Ottawa operations. Key responsibilities include the financial close and the preparation of the financial statements for programs and support departments, preparation and analysis of financial reports and developing and monitoring internal financial controls.
- Plans, directs and coordinates the posting of all financial activities to the general ledger to facilitate the month-end close process for Ottawa programs and support departments
- Executes the month end close in accordance with established schedules.
- Prepares monthly bank and account reconciliations
- Monitors and reconciles the general ledger and ensures the appropriate allocation of expenditures
- Prepares, analyzes, reviews and verifies financial and statistical reports for accuracy
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc financial reports
- Monitors cash flows and prepares cash flow forecasts, ensuring that potential issues are identified and communicated appropriately
- Maintains Capital Asset accounting and sub ledger
- Liaises with, and provides assistance to external auditors
- Ensures that all financial and accounting activities are conducted in accordance with GAAP, CRA OHRS, and Carefor’s policies and procedures. Proactively identifies areas for improvement and institutes any necessary changes to improve internal controls, accuracy of financial data, and compliance.
- Oversees commodity tax processing (HST, GST, and Excise) and compliance and the preparation of returns and rebates
- Responsible for the hiring, orientation and training, performance management, and supervision of finance and administrative clerical and support staff
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA) required
- Five years progressive experience in accounting, audit or equivalent
- Advanced skills in integrated accounting systems, report design, and internal controls
- Knowledge and experience in financial analysis and controls. Experience developing policies, procedures, internal controls and ensuring compliance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective leadership, coaching, training, supervising, and mentoring ability
- Experience in a not for profit organization or registered charity is an asset
- Experience leading employees in a unionized environment is an asset.
Please forward your resume by visiting our 'Careers' page at www.carefor.ca.
Please indicate on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.
To learn more about Carefor's integral role in the community visit www.carefor.ca
Job Type: Full-time