The Burlington Chamber of Commerce has received funding from the Canada Summer Jobs program for two eight week (30 hours per week) contract positions.
As a Customer Service Agent for the Burlington Chamber, the preferred candidate will act as a Brand Ambassador and be responsible for member outreach, gaining customer insights through online and telephone communication (onsite visits will potentially become part of this position) with our 900 member businesses and organizations, as well as member prospects. The objectives of this project are to inform future programs and services offered to our membership to support a healthy and vibrant business community and economic environment in Burlington and beyond. In addition, the Ambassador will assist by building strong and customer service focused relationships between the member company and the Chamber, gathering data about the business demographic in the community, obtaining feedback from members on satisfaction levels, and gaining business and customer insight to determine economic and social success factors for current and prospective members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary job duties and responsibilities are:
· Identify and assess members’ needs to achieve satisfaction and communicate urgent needs in a timely fashion to supervisor.
· Update member information in the customer service database during and after each call.
· Maintaining an accurate log of all organizations contacted.
· Responsible for maintaining a high level of professionalism with members. and working to establish a positive rapport with every caller.
· Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Superior communication skills (verbal and written) including the ability to be empathetic by understanding and identifying with the feelings of others and communicate accordingly.
· Ability to remain professional and courteous with members at all times.
· Ability to be patient, remain personable and provide a positive experience.
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
· Highly self motivated (work from home).
· Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
· Exceptional computer skills (MS Office).
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Megg Markettos, Director, Business Development & Member Services no later than July 7, 2020. Thank you to all that apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $16.00 /hour
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the Chamber office is not open at this time. Therefore, the successful candidate will be expected to have the ability to work from home. This means having access to a computer and telephone.
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)