At The North Face®, we push the boundaries of innovation with our product design and development of
premier apparel, equipment and footwear to enable and inspire athletes and enthusiasts to Never Stop
Exploring. We remain deeply proud to be the first choice of the world's most accomplished climbers,
mountaineers, extreme skiers, snowboarders, endurance runners, and explorers. If you have a passion for the
outdoors and enjoy a fast-paced environment, this is the place for you!
About the Position
As the Floor Supervisor, you will support the Store Manager with the execution of the daily business, customer
engagement, store operations, talent supervision, and merchandising standards in the store. You are a key
and important member of the store leadership team whose key role is the supervision of store staff and
ensuring the highest level of customer engagement and sales results are achieved. You will foster a positive
work environment that ensures both internal and external customer satisfaction while maximizing productivity
and profitability. Additionally, you will provide sales-related feedback and coach daily performance for
associates. As a member of the leadership team, you may assume responsibility for the store in the absence of
another manager which includes some opening and closing duties as determined by the needs of the
How You Will Make a Difference
- You will assist in maximizing store sales and achieving store sales goals. You will monitor sales
progress and results against key targets. You will lead an environment of productivity by leading the
customer engagement on the sales floor and providing coaching and feedback to associates around
customer engagement. You will assist in executing the management of labor and payroll expenses to
maximize sales and productivity under the direction of the Store Manager.
- You will ensure excellence in customer service in the store by modeling brand specific service
standards as well as by monitoring customer feedback and responding to and addressing all customer
concerns quickly. You will ensure that store team is engaging with each customer to create an
authentic brand experience. You will lead and inspire a customer-centric culture by proving direct
feedback and supervision of the associates the in-store experience.
- You will provide coaching to the store team in the core areas of customer engagement and sales
results. You will ensure store team receives relevant, timely feedback, coaching, and redirection that
enables their success.
- You will monitor that all Company and store policies and procedures are followed, and report concerns
directly to the Store Manager. Under the direction of the Store Manager, you will monitor and maintain store
operations standards and delegate tasks to associates as needed to maintain operational excellence.
- You will ensure the visual merchandising standards for the store are maintained.
- Under the direction of the Store Manager, you will assiss in supervising and coaching a high-performing
team of customer focused associates. You will coach and provide sales-related feedback to the team.
You will regularly communicate any associate concerns directly to the Store Manager or Human
Resources as necessary. You will support the Open Door Policy.
- Under the direction of the Store Manager, you will monitor compliance and adherence to policies and
procedures, standards and practices, and company directives. You will protect company assets. You
will monitor compliance with company safety, security, and shrink avoidance policies and programs.
You will react quickly to all customer and employee injuries and partners with Store Manager, District
Manager, and Human Resources immediately.
- You will model behavior that respects the background, experience, and cultural differences of others,
while upholding the integrity and values of VF Corporation and the brand.
Skills for Success
- Associate Degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred, but not
required; or two years related retail or service-oriented experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- 1+ year(s) in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Ability to coach and motivate a team to exceed sales and profit goals.
- Ability to meet business goals by driving results through a team.
- Regularly interact with the public in a crowded/noisy environment.
- Engaging verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to meet performance expectations.
- Ability to deliver a high level of customer service in a retail environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business; available during peak times
including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
Special Physical Requirements
Ability to operate office equipment and technology (computers, phones, etc.)
- Standing required for entire work shift.
- Bend, lift, open, and move product up to 50 pounds (as needed).
- Travel (less than 10% of the time)