Support Staff (BCGEU)
Hours of Work (BCGEU):
# of openings:
Hours Per Week (BCGEU):
13 - BCGEU Pay Grid
Days of Work (BCGEU):
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Temporary Full Time
Internal Closing Date:
April 1, 2021
Occasional travel between campuses is required.
External Closing Date:
Open Till Filled
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
KPU offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers. KPU strives to implement initiatives that will attract, support, engage, and retain KPU’s people and create an environment where all employees see themselves as contributing to student learning.
INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION ADVISOR (470)
Reporting to the Director, Global Engagement, the International Education Advisor in the KPU International Division engages in collaborative practice to enhance the development, progression and retention of KPU students. Through guidance and the use of leading and innovative practices, the International Educational Advisor empowers students to achieve their educational goals while being in compliance with the regulation of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Successful completion of an undergraduate degree.
- A minimum of three years of employment in a comparable, international-related position.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of secondary and post-secondary educational systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of international educational systems as well as an understanding of international student and cross-cultural issues.
- Demonstrated understanding of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada requirements for study and work permits.
- Demonstrated ability to speak and write fluently in English.
- Demonstrated ability to speak and write fluently in one of KPU’s target languages. Language abilities in Korean, Malay, Tagalog and/or Vietnamese is considered an asset.
- Ability to build and maintain positive, cooperative, and service-oriented relationships with internal and external clients (mainly applicants, students, extended family members, agents, faculty, staff, etc.), where diversity of situations and people are routinely encountered.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and presenting training activities and workshops.
- Demonstrated intermediate level of competency using Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access or a similar data base system.
- Demonstrated competency navigating in Banner or a similar complex records database.
- Ability to travel and work on multiple campuses.
click here for job description
Note to Applicants
The University welcomes and encourages applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. If you require an accommodation through our hiring process, please include your request in the application email.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.