Personal Support Worker Student Program-Muskoka
FULLY PAID EDUCATION TO BECOME A PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER - MUSKOKA
Upon Graduation of the Personal Support Worker Student Program, as a Certified PSW you will work in the following areas:
Huntsville, Bracebridge, Gravenhurst, and surrounding areas.
Who are we?
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian owned, award-winning, fully accredited and government (Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care) funded organization. We are dedicated to providing people of all ages the highest level of care across a wide range of home-based and clinic healthcare services. Everything we do is based on ethical principles and compassion, together with our commitment to meet the highest practice standards. We are, in every way, A Team Made for Caring™.
The Personal Support Worker Student Program is a great opportunity as it offers fully paid tuition, paid in class time, books, and other education materials to become a fully Certified Personal Support Worker.
Once you have successfully completed the Personal Support Worker Student Program there is GUARANTEED employment with Closing the Gap Healthcare as a Personal Support Worker, with a commitment of 18-months from you.
- Become a fully Certified Personal Support Worker
- Guaranteed employment upon successful completion of the PSW Student Program
- Get paid while completing your certificate and doing placement
- Competitive pay rates upon completion of the program
- Comprehensive Group Benefits Package and RRSP Matching
- Company mobile phone and mileage allowance
- Positive Culture and 24/7 Professional Support
- Opportunities for further education and professional development
The Ideal Personal Support Worker Student will have:
- An Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or Equivalent and a Grade 12 English Credit
- Ability to attend school full-time for period of 8 Months
- Commit to 18 months employment upon successful completion of the program
- Must have access to a Laptop/PC/Electronic Device, which is compatible with the College’s Online Learning Modules
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle and a valid Canadian Driver’s License (G2/G) by the start of the Practicum component of the PSW Program
- Outstanding focus on client safety
- Exemplary skills in delivering high-quality client experiences
- A proven track record of being accountable for multiple deliverables, reporting and high- quality performance
- Experience in independent problem solving and recognizing when support from peers and supervisors is needed
Your role will require you to:
- Have a strong focus on client safety and ethical standards
- Develop respectful working relationships with clients and families to meet their care needs with the ability to maintain client satisfaction
- Be respectful of the dignity and individuality of each client
- Provide personal care to meet the physical, psychological, social, and spiritual needs of each client
- Observe, assess, and report changes in clients’ behaviors and activities
- Participate in multidisciplinary teamwork
- Be capable of light to moderate physical lifting abilities
This position is open to all individuals eligible to work in Canada, who meet all the requirements stated above. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under the CTG Accessibility policy. We are excited you are considering applying to join “A Team Made for Caring™”.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Ontario Driver's license and a reliable vehicle (preferred)
Willingness to travel: