Grade Operators are responsible for rough grade, fine grade and landscaping in preparation for Sod, Seed, Hydroseed and other ground Cover options.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Direct and manage team members (2-5) in a positive way and monitor progress toward objectives through feedback and clear communication
- Monitor quality and job hours, making any necessary changes as needed.
- Operate company vehicles and machines in a safe and responsible manner.
- Communicate effectively with the customer during every visit to the property and communicate any issues to the office and operations manager
- Be proactive in the training of the other Team Members.
- Grade and Prep foreman is considered “working foreman” and must be able to lead as well as follow as necessary alongside the other team members in all working conditions.
- Use Time Card and Reporting apps daily.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge grade and soil preperation
- 3-5 years’ experience in the landscape industry.
- Ability to manage 2 or more people in a professional manner.
- Extensive knowledge of all equipment used and vehicles, i.e.; Tractor, power rakes and skid steers
- Understands and can implement positive drainage grading techniques.
- Be a strong team player and build a high-performance team.
- Can be a good listener and communicator of any issues or questions as they arise.
- Possess a high work ethic and dependability essential for the position.
- Hardscape, grading and detailed plan reading ability a must.
- Willing to support snow services in the off season
- Technologically proficient
- Fine Grading: 2 years (Preferred)
- Landscaping: 2 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Company benefits program
Job Type: Full-time
- Grading: 1 year (Required)
- Ameliasburgh, ON (Preferred)