Acorn Welding Ltd a leading provider of Original Equipment Manufactured and Overhauled aircraft parts, weldments, machined and sheet metal components located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada is searching for a Sheet Metal Technician.
Job Description: This position will be responsible for fitting prefabricated parts by cutting, grinding, filing, shaping, rolling, and crimping. There is requirement for assembling parts for sub-assemblies and final assemblies by drilling and riveting on bench or other means or using, where necessary, jigs and fixtures. The technician will carry out final assembly of manufactured components, and/or fabricate, repair and overhaul aircraft sheet metal components and may be required to do layout and develop work to blueprints and customer specifications as well as manufacture tooling and shop aids as required.
Position Skills Summary
- Read and interpret aircraft component assembly diagrams and blueprints
- Ensure materials used on job match the lot numbers issued and have any inconsistencies corrected
- Assemble and fit pre-fabricated parts to form subassemblies, working at benches or directly on an aircraft structures
- Grind and buff seams, joints and rough surfaces
- Operate metalworking machines to cut, punch, drill, shape or straighten sheet metal
- Measure and mark sheet metal according to template
- Assemble, fit and install pre-fabricated parts and subassemblies
- Verifies accuracy of work performed
- Inspect aircraft assemblies, using measuring and testing equipment, for adherence to engineering specifications
- Ability to identify and properly install fasteners
- Ability to fit check and assemble detail parts
- Ability to read and understand manufacturers specifications
- Share knowledge and experience with other technicians when directed by Supervisor
- Understanding of and experience in using inspection gauges
- Follow and complete clear and concise work control sheets
- Ability to use standard hand and power tools
- Good eye-hand coordination
- Shop math as it applies to detailed blue prints.
- High quality standards
- Successful completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Diploma or Certificate from College / University program related to Aviation Structures Technician and / or Design preferred
- Transport Canada Aircraft Maintenance Engineer structural license would be a definite asset
- Minimum 3 years experience in aircraft or in a similar role.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sheet Metal: 3 years (Required)