Working as part of our software development group, the R&D Software Engineer's responsibilities will include helping to plan, design, and support the development of a variety of microservice applications to support our cloud-native software.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with the ability to work independently within a team environment.
This position is a term contract, till May 31, 2021 with the possibility of extension till September 2021.
- Design and prototyping of software in a cloud-native, microservice environment
- Write clean, well-documented, and efficient code
- Develop and maintain the cloud infrastructure
- Demonstrate a passion for software development
- Independent work with regular status updates
- Post-secondary graduate from College or University in a related field
The ideal candidate will demonstrate most of the following skills:
- Experience in software development (Python, Typescript)
- Experience deploying containerized workloads with Helm on Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Linux command line
- Software testing / continuous integration
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Strong documentation and written communication skills
- Team skills and oral communication
Only candidates eligible to apply for a Canadian federal government security clearance will be considered for this role.
Specific examples of experience (academic, extracurricular, employment) are encouraged wherever possible.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contract length: 6 months
Application deadline: 2020-11-17
Expected start date: 2020-12-01
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Python: 1 year (Required)
- Linux: 1 year (Required)
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19