Location: Strathroy, ON.
Meridian is an automotive company and the world leader in the design, engineering and manufacturing of high-quality magnesium and aluminum die cast components. We are driven to provide lightweight, innovative, and effective solutions for our distinguished automotive clients around the globe.
To produce quality magnesium die-castings safely through working with other team members and fellow employees from other functional areas.
- Operating and monitoring: die cast machine and related equipment. Performing foundry duties and checks such as cleaning die faces, operating trim, inspecting, hand-cleaning, leak testing, and packing parts. Programming robot, reset faults. Completing first-off and last-off parts. Relieving for other operators, train operators, assist operators, maintenance and toolroom personnel. Drossing pots as scheduled and additionally as needed. Ensuring machine housekeeping meets or exceeds established standards on a daily basis. Communicating with team leader and supervisor as required.
- Performing Checks: Checking punches, hydraulic and pneumatics, all bolts and tools, leaktester, robot. Removing, installing, and setting-up cast and trim tools, leak testers and robot programs, and die changes. Troubleshooting DCM faults. Checking shot end tip, lube and cooling, rod coupling, all bolts and hoses, shot speeds and firing points. Checking metal pour time and pump temperature, argon cap, siphon pump pressure, shot pressure, clamping force, die temperature, flow of hydraulics, reciprocator process. Checking levels and flash in quench tank. Checking furnace bath level, temperature, burnt wires, SF6 / NOVEC gauges. Process/quality checks - plug gauge checks, CMM layout (where available), visual.
- Safety: Complete safety checks before each shift. Working in a safe, efficient and skillful manner, promoting high quality workmanship attending to scrap bins, conveyor and shaker, cleaning off level probes, checking pouring end of metal pump, checking quench tank. Adhere to company lockout policy as required.
- Record-keeping: DCM history, completing OEE and scrap recording , completing all operator checks in Plex, discussing DCM's history to next shift's operator, manufacturing leaders and team cell leaders. Reset counters. Meeting production schedules. Other duties as required, including special projects as they arise. Ensuring inventory tracking and labeling is accurate.
- CI Improvements: Submit kaizens and participate in 5S+1 programs and training.
- Other responsibilities as required, including special projects as they arise.
- Completion of grade 12 or equivalent GED.
- Experience in labour roles in a safety-oriented environment or similar manufacturing or die cast work experience.
- Knowledge of die cast machine functions, process checks, troubleshooting, fault resets, foundry, quality checks, safety procedures, and melt quality are assets
- Must have proven mechanical and hydraulic knowledge
- Past exposure to general plant operations
- Must be reliable, be able to work independently and as part of a team with a flexible work schedule.
- Must be organized and able to keep accurate documentation
- Be familiar with the OH&S Act and Regulations
Meridian Lightweight Technologies is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for the purpose of accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview.
We thank all those interested in the position however only those applicants who have been shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: Die Cast Sep 2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.53-$27.16 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Strathroy, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Machine Operator: 2 years (preferred)