The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will partner with specific clients and project teams to provide leadership support and strategic business thinking in all Human Resources related matters. In addition, this role is required to promote, implement and execute HR programs and initiatives ensuring compliance to legislation, collective agreements and Hospital policies with an end result of operational success and a positive impact to employees. The HRBP in this role will have a focus on leading specific projects.
Working as a strategic business partner, the HRBP is accountable for understanding the needs of each specific client/project and being proactive in identifying, designing and implementing programs as well as providing HR support that meets each clients′ needs. The HRBP is the primary point of contact for the delivery of an effective and efficient continuum of Human Resources services, initiatives and programs.
This includes working collaboratively with all levels of Management, Medical Staff and Unions with Performance Management, Accommodation, Compensation, Attendance Support, Return to Work, Recruitment and Retention, Compensation, Job Evaluation, Benefits and HRIS.
- Bachelor′s degree in Human Resources or related field
- CHRP designation required
- Minimum five (5) years related Human Resources Generalist experience preferably in a Healthcare and unionized environment
- Membership in the HRPA in good standing
- Excellent communication, presentation, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
- Expertise in coaching, consulting, and conflict resolution
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple responsibilities and meet timelines while maintaining a strong customer focus with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- Experience working as part of a large scale project
- Ability to interpret and apply collective agreement language along with sound knowledge of related legislation (i.e. Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, Labour Relations Act)
- Knowledge of absence management, duty to accommodate, return to work and related acts (Human Rights Code, Workplace Safety Insurance Act)
- Excellent problem solving, decision making, organizational and project management skills
- Proficient in MS Office, Virtual Collaboration Platforms (MS Teams, Zoom) and HRIS
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication and documentation skills
- Demonstrated focus on internal/external customer service and partnerships
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN′s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
- Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
- Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
- Excellent work performance and attendance record
Reference ID: J0721-1197
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Workplace Health and Safety department.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Human Resources: 5 years (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19