With a legacy that spans over 100 years, Stelco is a company that has grown along with Canada and its global partners. We understand that twenty-first century competition demands the highest quality products, period. So, Stelco is bringing together the people, technology, and unmatched market knowledge to, once again, take on that challenge from here at home.
*Job Type: Contract
Job Location: Hamilton - supporting both locations
About the Role
This role supports both our Hamilton and Lake Erie facilities focusing on the transformation of financial data into reporting, intelligence and insights that drive decisions. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to ensure a thorough understanding of the requirements. In addition, the candidate will need to be comfortable with multi-tasking as the role supports both new reporting initiatives and ongoing reporting needs encompassing numerous data sources. Safety is the Core Value of Stelco and the individual will make Safety the #1 priority in the execution of all work activities, including monitoring contractor/vendor safety in support of work efforts.
This position reports to the Application Services Manager.
Your Day to Day
- Transformation of data into analytical insight and desire to leverage the best technique to arrive at the right answer
- Conduct data modeling, optimization, and performance tuning.
- Perform transactional processing as well as analytical modeling for reporting and analysis
- Develop tabular, multidimensional models compatible to warehouse standards
- Develop self-service models, data analytics using power BI service
- Develop, test, publish, schedule reports and dashboards to meet business requirements
- Assist business users on functional and data requirements to enhance data models
- Problem solving requiring attention to detail and utilizing strong process improvement skills.
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor’s degree or community college diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related studies.
- 5+ years of working experience in data warehousing projects, data preparation
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence stack (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, Power BI)
- Knowledgeable in dashboard design.
- Data Warehouse experience
- Experience with Microsoft D365
Job Skills and Knowledge
- Strong working knowledge of financial systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A problem-solver with attention to detail and strong process improvement skill.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Highly proficient in using PowerBI to create reports and dashboards
- Highly proficient in developing DAX functions in PowerBI
- Experience with database technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience in requirement analysis, design and prototyping
- Experience with Microsoft Azure platform and service (Power BI etc.)
- Experience working with data gateway, data integration, self-service data preparation
- Experience in building enterprise models using Power BI, SSRS etc
- A strong knowledge of versioning control systems (primarily Microsoft Team Foundation Server)
- Ability to create complex SQL queries, Stored Procedures and User Defined Functions
- Experience in building and consuming APIs
- Ability to work both autonomously and within a team environment
- The ability to follow direction and work well with others is a necessity
Your Work Environment
- Normal, fast-paced office environment for a high impact team
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Stelco is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment and selection process. Applicants should advise Human Resources if they require any type of accommodation during the recruitment process.
Job Type: Contract