Position: 310B Body and Collision Repair Technician | Location: Milton, ON (401 & James Snow Parkway)
Overview: Seeking an enthusiastic Body and Collision Repair Technician to join MTB’s team.
Company: MTB Transit Solutions is Canada’s leader in repairing and refurbishing transit buses and highway coaches. Founded in 1973, we operate from a 10-acre multi-facility property which spans over 110,000 sq. ft. of interior work space in Milton, Ontario. We are proud that our success comes from the quality and commitment of our people. We offer a collaborative work environment where everyone contributes their ideas on working smarter and more efficiently on an ongoing basis. If you have a great work ethic, put your customers first and want to be challenged and grow with a dynamic team, then consider a career with MTB Transit Solutions.
Compensation: MTB Transit Solutions offers competitive compensation, annual bonus, comprehensive benefits package, RRSP plan and vacation time for full-time permanent employees.
Duties: Responsible for performing high quality body repairs on transit buses and highway coaches. Work includes overhauling and fully repairing bus bodies
· Repair transit buses and highway coach bodies by removing, attaching, and aligning various bus parts
· Repair dents, fill and seal depressions
· Hammer, shape, shrink, expand, fill, grind, sand, smooth, and featheredge various surfaces including steels, aluminum, fiberglass, plastic, and rubber
· Repair bodies with standard body repair techniques
· 310B Certification
· 4+ years related experience in body work and manipulation
· Knowledge and experience with all automotive plastics, putties, fillers, hardeners and metals
· Knowledge of composite materials
· Ability to analyze vehicle/equipment problems and provide expertise in repairs
· Ability to use a variety of hand tools and measuring equipment
· Canadian resident
· Safety oriented mind-set
· Acute attention to detail
· Job task planning and organizing
· Self motivated, persistent and flexible
· Accountable, professional and an adaptable team player
· Ability to withstand long periods of standing and bending
· Ability to lift heavy equipment and materials, if required
· Ability to work outside regular business hours, if required
Working with MTB
We work out of a bright, clean, and modern shop full of state-of-the-art equipment. We have a great working environment that is non-unionized, with many long-term employees.
Some more details that you might want to know:
- Our facility is just off Highway 401 in Milton – easy commuter access.
- Shifts are Monday to Friday from 6:30 AM – 3:30 PM - no nights or weekends!!!!
MTB values diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We are looking to hire and will be contacting qualified applicants within a few days of your application.
$27 - $34/hour
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $27.00-$34.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Daily check-in, temperature screening, mandatory mask wearing, social distancing
- body work: 4 years (Required)