Looking for a rewarding career with a locally owned and operated business?
COBOURG HOME HARDWARE BUILDING CENTRE is a family oriented, privately owned home improvement and hardware store with a focus on making customers for life and building our Home Hardware family.
We are looking for mature, dedicated individuals who are looking for long term employment to join our front end Cashier team.
**This position is not suitable for students due to the shifts**
· Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings, call ins and holidays.
· Excellent communication skills
· Willingness to learn.
· Excellent mathematical skills.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
· Operate all point of sale equipment, including cash register and Moneris terminal with sufficient speed and accuracy.
· Follow proper procedures according to store policy regarding returns and refunds.
· Maintain price information (flyers, in-store promotions etc.) for references when customer price inquires arise.
· Tabulate sales at the end of the day and/or end of your shift and remove cash from register in accordance with store policy.
We offer a very competitive wage with an opportunity for growth.
Our team consists of outstanding individuals with positive attitudes, superior people skills with a willingness to learn and a passion for customer service.
If you want to become a member of our team and possess the required skills, please submit your resume by clicking the APPLY NOW button.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Secondary School (preferred)
- retails: 1 year (preferred)
- Cashier: 2 years (preferred)