We are currently looking for an experienced Service Manager in our Mississauga, ON facility, to plan, organize and direct the field service team and administrative staff.
What you will do:
- Develops and maintains effective communications and relationships with customers.
- Driving results by developing and managing short and long-term planning strategies, processes, and events that foster a positive experience for internal and external customers.
- All activities related to the service function of welding, field sales support, and mechanical services operations involving the installation, maintenance and repair of overhead cranes, and spare parts and equipment.
- Provides a safe work environment by; enforcing safety policies; cooperating with site safety policies and; participating in site specific safety programs.
- Maintains SAP in order to ensure effective and full utilization of the system and to ensure that all service function informational and work order management information needs are met.
- Develops and oversees warranty policy and administration to ensure maximum warranty cost recovery from represented manufacturers; minimization of current assets employed in warranty and; minimization of the Company’s warranty risk exposure and cost.
- Coordinates the utilization of all necessary and/or available resources in the investigation, analysis, and reporting of significant product deficiencies by obtaining product deficiency information from branch and consolidate it into monthly summary reports which analyze critical unsolved problems, corrections and/or commitments, and financial risks.
- Collaborates with the Aftermarket team, to create, monitor and implement the scheduling plan to effectively manage workload, support business objectives and maximize productivity.
- Seeks opportunities where the Company has the potential to achieve relative competitive advantage.
- Either a relevant trade certification and/or post-secondary education with at least 2 years related industry experience. Any combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Proficient experience with using SAP is an asset.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy with a variety of individuals and groups.
- Knowledge and ability to enforce compliance with safety rules and regulations; to minimize injuries and meet regulatory requirements.
- Skill in examining and improving operations and procedures.
- Ability to supervise work assignment and allocation of technician's time to ensure best utilization in the field.
- Planning and organizational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and complete projects.
- Knowledge of contract documents and specifications.
- Knowledge of parts distribution and parts management
- Knowledge of electrical, welding and mechanical trade repairs and maintenance.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections.
- Passion for leadership and management.
- Ability to mentor and train employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of individuals and groups
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
- SAP: 1 year (preferred)
- crane industry: 2 years (preferred)
- leadership: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person